- Customer Feedback Drives Performance, Expandability Improvements Six Months Ahead of Schedule
- Vostro Energy Smart 410 Desktop Saves Customers up to 47 Percent in Annual Energy Costs(1)
- First EPEAT Gold-Certified Dell Flat Panel Monitor Also Available
Dell today announced the Energy Smart Vostro 410 desktop, delivering industry-leading performance and expandability in a system designed exclusively for small businesses. The latest in a series of energy-efficient products and initiatives designed to drive unprecedented customer savings, the Vostro 410 starts at $599 and saves customers up to 47 percent in annual energy costs(1). For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/vostro, and share your feedback on the new small-business blog.
The Vostro 410 is available tomorrow in North and South America and the United Kingdom. It will be available to customers in Asia June 2 and the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa June 5.
“Small businesses are increasingly concerned about rising energy costs,” said Frank Muehleman, vice president and general manager, Dell Small and Medium Business. “With the Energy Smart Vostro desktop, we’re able to save our customers money and collectively cut down on CO2 emissions, while delivering the features and functionality they require – especially high-performance processing power, graphics technology, fast networking and maximum expandability.”
Direct customer feedback guided Dell to design and deliver the Vostro 410 desktop six months earlier in the product cycle than originally planned. Customer-driven enhancements include:
- Outstanding desktop performance with Intel Core2 Quad processors, 512MB graphics cards and 800MHz system memory;
- A larger “tower” design to allow the desktop to grow according to business needs with space for up to four hard drives vs. two in the Vostro 400 and up to 3TB of local storage and memory;
- More expansion slots (six vs. standard four) and bays (four vs. standard three), holding up to six PCIe/PCI cards to increase configuration flexibility;
- Gigabit Ethernet for fast wired network access;
- Continuation of Dell’s 30-day worry-free return policy; and
- Available with no trial ware and free services including 10GB of Dell DataSafe Online Backup, Dell Network Assistant and Dell Automated PC TuneUp.
“The changes we’ve made to the Vostro 410 aren’t moderate improvements but an unrivaled combination of performance and expandability for a small-business PC,” said Muehleman. “For customers running complex spreadsheets or databases, multi-tasking frequently and heavily, or using video-intensive applications, you can’t beat the Vostro 410.”
In addition, Vostro customers can take advantage of Dell’s new services portfolio, ProSupport, which gives them the ability to customize and tailor services to fit their technical expertise and business needs. With growing demand for mobile technology among small businesses, Dell also recently announced its refreshed line of Vostro laptops.
To complement the Energy Smart Vostro 410, Dell announced today worldwide availability of its first EPEAT Gold-certified display – the E207 20-inch widescreen flat panel monitor. More than 25 percent of its plastics are made from recycled materials, plus flat panel monitors save customers up to 28 percent in annual energy costs when compared to using a boxier CRT monitor(2). The E207 display starts at $259.
Dell’s Commitment to the ReGeneration
On World Environment Day 2007, Dell announced it would partner with the ReGeneration – people of all ages who care about the environment – to become the “greenest” technology company on the planet. The company has since pledged to become the first in its industry to neutralize the carbon impact of worldwide operations by the end of 2008.
Dell offers the industry’s only free recycling program for consumers and an award-winning suite of asset recovery services for businesses. Launched in January 2007, Dell’s “Plant a Tree for Me” program helps customers offset the CO2 emissions related to their use of IT products. Expanded to corporate partners in September 2007, “Plant a Forest for Me” enables organizations worldwide to share best practices and facilitate the planting of trees in sustainably managed reforestation projects.
For more information on Dell’s energy and environmental initiatives, visit http://www.dell.com/earth. To join with the company and thousands of others in lending a voice and saving the planet, visit http://www.regeneration.org.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
(1) Based on testing by Dell Labs in May 2008 and Dell energy calculations comparing a Vostro 410 with Energy Smart settings vs. the same configuration without Energy Smart settings. Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.
(2) Based on testing by Dell Labs in May 2008 and Dell energy calculations comparing a Vostro 410 system with Energy Smart settings and a 17-inch flat panel vs. the same configuration with Energy Smart settings and a 17-inch CRT. Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.Where to Buy