- Crafted from Premium-Grade 4mm Ultra-Clear Tempered Glass
- 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor Blends Inspiring Design, Technical Innovation and Practical Functionality
- Speakers and Miniature Web Camera Incorporate Elegantly into a Slim LCD Form Factor with Single-Cable Connectivity
Technophiles with an eye for beautiful design now have a clear choice in widescreen flat panel monitors – the Dell Crystal. The award-winning 22-inch LCD display, crafted from four millimeter ultra-clear tempered glass, offers an ingenious fusion of art, technology, sleek form and sophisticated function. Priced at $1,199, Crystal is available at http://www.dell.com/crystal.
The Dell Crystal adds style to any space with fine, sculptured details like a polished metal tripod that supports the “floating” screen. Audio speakers with subtly wired circuitry are cleverly integrated into the Dell Crystal’s svelte frame, and the inconspicuous webcam and microphone sit flush above the display. Capacitive touch controls with intricate but discreet wiring provide visual simplicity and functionality, and single-cable connectivity finishes out its clean presence. The 1680×1050 image resolution makes the display suitable for both personal entertainment and general-purpose computing.
“The Dell Crystal is a direct result of listening to customers and applying that inspiration to create strikingly original products that are beautifully functional,” said Steve Gluskoter, director, displays product marketing. “For consumers who value technology with iconic design, Crystal offers an eloquent expression of their high-def lifestyle.”
Fusing Art and Technology
The striking design of the Dell Crystal display is fused with high performance technology to deliver one of the best front-of-screen experiences today, including:
- WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 resolution
- TrueColor Technology with 98 percent color gamut(1) (typical)
- 2ms typical response time (grey to grey)
- 2000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (typical)
- HD connectivity with DVI / HDMI with HDCP, sub-woofer out, USB
- 2.0 megapixel webcam with microphone
The Dell Crystal display will be exhibited during the Consumer Electronics Show in the Dell Lounge (#30349) located in South Hall 3, second floor. It also received a Best of Innovations CES 2008 award and will be included in the Innovations 2008 Showcase at the Sands Expo Center.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com.