- Adamo is First Product under New Adamo by Dell Brand
- Premium Craftsmanship and Design Inspires New Aesthetic across Dell Family of Products
- Adamo by Dell Created to Disrupt People’s Perceptions of What Personal Computing is Today
Style-minded people who place a premium on precision craftsmanship and design can now add Adamo to their list of must-have items for 2009. Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) today unveiled the world’s thinnest* laptop as a kick off to the new Adamo by Dell brand.
Adamo, derived from the Latin word meaning “to fall in love,” will serve as a flagship in a line of products created to disrupt the personal computing space with the combination of new design aesthetics, personalization choices and sought-after technologies.
Adamo is the pinnacle of craftsmanship and design and features:
- A chassis milled from a single piece of aluminum featuring precision detailing and a scalloped backlit keyboard
- Striking high definition edge-to-edge glass display
- Fully connected with WiFi, Bluetooth and optional integrated mobile broadband** and full complement of connectivity ports with no compromises
- Cool, quiet and robust solid state drives
- Available in Onyx and Pearl colors with a broad range of complementary accessories
- Price starting at $1999
“Great design needs to be timeless and evoke emotion in people,” said Alex Gruzen, senior vice president of Dell’s consumer products. “While a premium computing experience was assumed for Adamo, the intent was for people to see, touch and explore Adamo and be rewarded by the select materials and craftsmanship you would expect in a fine watch.”
“Dell continues to signal a commitment to design and personalization across its entire product line and has made significant strides forward in the past year,” said Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, Enderle Group. “The Adamo laptop is a showcase for this commitment and a flagship product that will draw buyers to the brand.”
People who choose Adamo will be offered a unique color matched collection of Adamo by Dell branded peripherals and accessories including, in the U.S. an exclusive line of bags from TUMI. Choices will include:
- External storage option with 250GB*** or 500GB*** external hard drive.
- External DVD+/-RW or Blu-ray disc drive.
- 8GB*** USB drive.
- Connectors and cables including DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, and VGA.
- Adamo Premium Service (US Only):
- 24/7 access to Dell’s best trained technicians
- Consistent communication with a dedicated personal team
The Adamo by Dell brand is being supported by innovative and new approaches to marketing and promotion for Dell. Designed to challenge people’s perceptions of what a computer is, the Adamo by Dell brand was inspired by fashion, luxury brands and timeless design.
Dell has looked beyond traditional approaches to reaching computer shoppers and launched a provocative campaign featuring:
- A stylish worldwide print campaign shot by acclaimed British-based photographer Nadav Kander and featuring high-fashion models that reinforces the “fall in love” positioning. Kander, whose work is celebrated in galleries worldwide, also shot the moving portfolio, “Obama’s People,” which appeared in The New York Times Magazine earlier this year.
- AdamoByDell.com, the centerpiece of the campaign and a highly stylized site where viewers can learn about Adamo, register for updates and, beginning today, place orders. Since its launch last month, AdamoByDell.com has attracted nearly 800,000 unique visitors from around the world and more than 1 million page views.
- Artful packaging in which the product arrives “floating” in a clear box with minimal clutter – a beautiful experience for a sophisticated product.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors with Intel Centrino technology
- DDR3 system memory
- 13.4-inch 16:9 HD display
- Draft-Wireless N
- High-performance solid state drives standard
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Mobile Broadband* option
- Up to 5+ hours of battery life (preliminary)****
- 2 USB ports, 1 USB/eSATA combo port, Display Port, RJ-45 port
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-bit
Available for pre-order today at www.adamobydell.com and shipping worldwide starting March 26, 2009, Adamo will be available online for purchase in 24 countries including U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, U.K., France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, ANZ, China, Honk Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia/Singapore, Japan, and Indonesia.
*At the thickest point, Dell’s Adamo is thinner than any other laptop.
**Subject to wireless provider’s broadband subscription and coverage area; additional charges apply.
***GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
****Based on preliminary lab testing. Varies by configuration operating conditions and other factors. Maximum battery decreases with time and use.