D-Link today announced a new 802.11n router, the D-Link® Wireless N 8-Port Router (DIR-632). It has an expansive set of eight ports to attach more wired Ethernet devices, while providing a fast and far-reaching Wi-Fi network to share high-speed Internet access at greater distances around the home.
The DIR-632 uses powerful 802.11n technology with multiple intelligent antennae to maximize the speed and range of wireless signals to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless G devices yielding wireless speeds of up to 300 megabits per second.
Featuring SharePort technology, the Wireless N 8-Port Router allows users to connect a USB printer or multifunction-printer (MFP) and share it with computers on the network. SharePort can also share a USB storage device among multiple computers for access to files such as video, music, photos and documents.
The DIR-632 comes with the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard that guides users to easily configure the router's Internet connection, wireless network settings and security — in a matter of minutes.
The Wireless N 8-Port router supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a Wi-Fi network or from the Internet. It supports WPA/WPA2 standards to ensure the best possible encryption. In addition, the DIR-632 utilizes dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent possible attacks from across the Internet.
Key Features and Benefits
- Eight  10/100 LAN Ports for computers and devices
- Powerful 802.11N Wi-Fi N300 technology outperforms Wireless G with transfer speeds and broader coverage
- Parental controls allow parents to supervise and control internet activity
- Built-in QoS engine enhances Internet experience and performance
- Advanced network security with push-button encryption
- SharePort technology for USB printer, multi-function printer (MFP), and USB storage files sharing
Price and Availability
The D-Link DIR-632 is available now for $99.99 MSRP.