D-Link introduced the world’s first portable 11AC router and charger, which turns any connection into a fast 802.11AC Wi-Fi hotspot to share files, stream media and browse the Internet. For added mobile convenience, the built-in, high-capacity, rechargeable battery allows users to simultaneously charge mobile devices while on-the-go.
The DIR-510L incorporates the latest Wireless AC750 technology for high performance range and data transfer to and from compatible Wi-Fi devices. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the router can deliver a total of 750 Mbps using the combined bandwidth of its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. In addition, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, providing the ability to customize a network according to connectivity needs and even configuring a guest zone to provide Internet access to visitors without providing access to the rest of a network.
“Today’s increasingly mobile lifestyles demand frequent use of Wi-Fi hotspots and the need to share 3G/4G internet connections with others,” said Ken Loyd, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “As more and more mobile devices integrate 11AC Wi-Fi, the DIR-510L fast dual band portable router delivers the ultimate in ease-of-use, performance and mobility by leveraging a wired Ethernet or wireless connection to create a powerful and secure Wi-Fi hotspot, all while charging your device.”
Using the mydlink SharePort app for mobile devices, on-the-go users can upload, download and stream multimedia and documents to and from a USB drive attached to a DIR-510L, from anywhere in the world. By downloading the app, registering for a free mydlink account, and connecting to the DIR-510L, users can start streaming media files with friends and family via Internet access.
- Broadband Router Mode – Connect an Ethernet cable to share your wired connection
- High-Capacity Battery – Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
- Two USB Ports – Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE modem connection; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
- mydlink SharePort – Stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
- Easy Setup – Automatically detects connection type – broadband router, mobile router, hotspot – for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connected automatically
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Built-in DLNA Server – Stream multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs1
Pricing and Availability
The D-Link Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) will be available in January 2014 for $99.99.Where to Buy