Press Release – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CES 2005 – January 5 2005
LVCC South Hall 1, booth # 21661
and the Alexis Park room AP 1103
CES Launch for ELAC high-end speaker
featuring radical new X-JET mid/tweeter
German high-end performance engineering
in a loudspeaker. If Porsche made speakers,
they would be proud of the 607.
Elac FS 607 X-JET $5795.00 each
Most companies can make a box, ELAC is one of very few in the world who make their own drive units. As a result the FS 607 X-JET is an optimised design that transcends its’ size and price.
Close your eyes and it feels as if you can almost touch the performer. The new 607 X-JET offers crystal-clear sound with superlative imaging!
– Coaxial technology. The X-JET is a new midrange-tweeter driver of coaxial design, a unique combination of a planar aluminium honeycomb midrange diaphragm surrounding a JET III ribbon tweeter.
– The JET III ribbon tweeter with its’ powerful neodymium magnet system delivers precise silky smooth treble to 50 kHz.
– The X-JET driver approaches the ideal point source and the resulting dispersion characteristics offer relaxed yet detailed reproduction.
– The ultra lightweight honeycomb planar diaphragm combined with strong neodymium driver magnets, delivers excellent impulse response to match the ribbon tweeter. The system is driven by a 78 mm moving coil and high efficiency is achieved using coppered aluminium flat wire, edgewise-wound, on a ventilated capton bobbin.
– The strength of this new coaxial unit lies in the frequency range between 500-4.000 Hz which is important for the reproduction and localization of voices. In comparison to conventional loudspeakers, point sources do not produce any phase shift or uneven frequency response of the midrange and tweeter. This results in excellent and precise imaging. Another advantage of a point source is optimized sound levels and even sound distribution over the entire listening area.
Stereo / Surround / Home Cinema
Matching center and surrounds will follow for full home theater use.
The elegant 3.5-way floorstanding speaker offers high resolution, precise imaging with great depth, strong dynamics, crisp sound and a broad listening area.
Cutting-edge technology applied to music
Unique Elac designed and made drivers.
ELAC TT180AS Woofer The 180mm bass unit has an aluminium sandwich cone and a very high power-handling 37mm voice-coil. The extra-wide double-asymmetrical rubber surround allows an extra long-throw of almost 30mm! which enables maximum air movement and a full, clean, bass response. This unusually well engineered woofer, allows the 207 X-JET to deliver clean bass to 28Hz.
Elac Jet III Ribbon Tweeter The high frequencies are reproduced by the unique ELAC JET III ribbon tweeter, a design based on Heil’s Air Motion Transformer and refined many times by ELAC. The JET has high sensitivity, extraordinary dynamics and is effortless, airy and precise right up to 50,000 Hz. The folded foil ribbon has 10 times the surface area of a 25mm dome tweeter and Neodymium magnets deliver far more power and control than a normal magnet . The result is one of the world’s finest tweeters.
Aluminum Cabinet in cross-frame hybrid technology. The cabinet consists of a combination of extruded aluminum, aluminum casting and MDF with horizontal and vertical internal tension rods. This new design is amazingly rigid aand avoids resonances.
Crossover. The crossover of this 3 ?-way loudspeaker use very high quality components and van den Hul internal wiring. The terminals, with gold-plated WBT connectors, are easy to access and allow larger cable diameters (16 mm2), as well as high-quality spade connectors.
High-quality bi-wiring terminal. The terminals provide high-quality van den Hul biwiring cable suspension bridges
ELAC spikes. As standard, the FS 607 X-JET is offered with a base and new adjustable ELAC spikes/rubber feet
ELAC’s Bass Control plug may be used to achieve more precise bass or tune the speaker for rooms and positioning. The bass port double flare design minimises air noise and friction losses.
Nominal / Peak Power Handling
200 W / 250 W
Recom. Amplifier Power at Nominal Impedance
30 – 400 W / channel
3 1/2-way, bass reflex
2 x 180 mm cone
Coaxial Midrange-tweeter driver
1 x 50 / 105 mm
JET III X-JET
silver shadow, titan shadow
Dimensions H x W x D
1080 x 290 x 282 mm
ELAC ELECTROAUSTIC GMBH is a world leader in loudspeaker engineering and manufacturing in the consumer electronics market. Products are distributed through independent marketing firms worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located in Kiel, Germany.
TRIAN ELECTRONICS, INC. is an importer and distributor of high-end professional audio and consumer audio products, including ELAC loudspeakers, Thorens turntables and Vincent audio components from Germany and Audia Flight from Italy, serving the broadcast, studio, contracting and hi-fi markets, with corporate headquarters located at 5812 Highway K, Waunakee, WI 53597.
audia flight and vincent
hi-fi and home cinema electronics and
loudspeakers plus audiophile turntables
distributed by trian in the usa