A Protective Case and Wireless Charger In-one
Case-mate, a designer of innovative accessories for mobile devices and electronics, just announced the availability of the Hug, a new protective case and charging pad for the iPhone that showcases the evolution of wireless power. Created to give iPhone users a more convenient way to charge, the design-forward Hug delivers power without cumbersome cords or adaptors.
“The mobile phone is undoubtedly one of the most essential electronic devices to consumers today,” said Shashi Reddy, founder and CEO of Case-mate. “And with the availability of the Hug, we’re giving iPhone users a new way to easily re-charge — helping them get just a little more convenience and reliability out of the device that they so strongly rely upon each day.”
Hug Your Battery To Life
As the first charging pad to come out of a partnership with the Wireless Power Consortium, the Hug has been created to give Apple iPhone 3G and Apple iPhone 3GS users a wire-free charging experience. Users simply slip their iPhone into the sleek Hug case and then place the phone onto the Hug charging pad.
Key product features include:
- Efficient – The Hug delivers a “smart charge.” It knows when the iPhone has reached a complete charge and, at that time, stops pulling power.
- Convenient – The Hug charges just as fast as traditional chargers, but without the hassle of cords and wires. Instead the charging pad transfers power wirelessly through a magnetic field to the iPhone enclosed in the Hug case.
- Design-Forward – The Hug, featuring a sleek two-part case and a charging mat, is constructed with durable injection-molded materials with true aluminum metal and accents. Its form factor was inspired by the flowing lines of the golden age of sport automotive design.
- Added Protection – The Hug comes with a durable, shock absorbing case and a charging pad. A screen protection kit is also included for total iPhone protection.
- Interoperable – The Hug is the first charging pad to be is designed in accordance to the specifications of the Wireless Power Consortium.
Pricing and Availability
The Case-mate Hug is now available for the Apple iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS at www.case-mate.com. The Hug, which includes the charging pad, iPhone case and screen protection kit, retails for $99.99. Versions will be available for additional mobile devices, including most BlackBerry models in the coming months. Case-mate will also offer a Hug that supports the charging of multiple devices simultaneously.
Launching innovative accessories since 2006, Case-mate combines design engineering with cutting-edge materials to protect and enhance technology. A melting pot of entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world, Case-mate believes that there is nothing more important than the freedom of self-expression … our mantra “Freedom To Be Truly You” inspires every creative output, every day. This core principle carries through our products, packaging and partnerships and brings to life Case-mate’s vision in a dynamic technology marketplace.