Canon just announced the 20-megapixel PowerShot SX720 HS compact digital camera with a new 40x Optical Zoom lens (equivalent to 24-960mm), providing outstanding performance, reach and resolution for everyday. Canon says the $380 camera is designed for users ready to take a step up from a smartphone or entry-level digital camera to a lightweight, compact camera.
The PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera’s new zoom lens uses one Hi-UD, three UD and three aspheric lens elements to help achieve high image quality and high magnification, while also utilizing Canon’s Intelligent Imaging Stabilizing (IS) technology for greater optical performance.
As the successor to Canon’s PowerShot SX710 HS digital compact camera (which is now being discounted), the PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera features increases its zoom range while maintaining compact size for maximum convenience.
Additional features include:
- A dedicated Wi-Fi button for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos utilizing the camera’s built-in WiFi and NFC technology;
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with Canon’s DIGIC 6 Image Processor to help deliver outstanding image quality, even in low light;
- 1080p/60 Full HD video capture with stereo sound;
- 3.0-inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) to allow for easy viewing, even from a wide angle;
- Zoom Framing Assist that allows the lens to automatically zoom in or out while the camera follows subject movement and helps keep it in focus;
- Story Highlight feature that enables the camera to automatically compile images and videos from a certain day or event into a mini-highlight reel with music and effects;
- Creative Shot mode that uses composition, color and lighting from an original image to create artistic images.
Price and Availability
The Canon PowerShot SX720 HS digital camera will be available in March 2016 for $379.99.Where to Buy