14.1 Megapixel CCD with 28mm Wide-Angle 14x Zoom and Improved Low Light Performance
Canon U.S.A., Inc. just announced the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS — designed for the photographer seeking HD video and brilliant image quality in a stylish, compact camera. Featuring a 28mm wide-angle lens with 14x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilization, the PowerShot SX210 IS allows users to capture dramatic close-ups or broad landscapes with ease, while the 14.1-Megapixel resolution ensures stunning image quality. Available in three bold color variations, black, purple and gold, additional features include a 3.0-inch wide LCD screen for improved visibility and glare reduction with enhanced Control Dial with Hints and Tips. For shooting video, the PowerShot SX210 IS has the ability to zoom optically, shoot in stereo sound and has Dynamic Mode Image Stabilization for improved image clarity. Users embracing the freedom of wireless data transfer can connect directly to PCs through Eye-Fi memory cards. The PowerShot SX210 IS is scheduled to be available in late March for an estimated retail price of $349.99.
- Powerful 14x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Improved Dynamic mode for enhanced image stabilization when shooting movies using the wide-angle setting.
- 14.1 Megapixel resolution will generate 16.5″ x 23.4″ prints.
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens to capture more in your frame.
- Large 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD with high resolution (230,400 dots) and wide viewing angle.
- HD shooting capability at 720p with stereo sound plus HDMI output for easy playback of video and photos.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor with evolved Face Detection Technology tracks the faces of moving subjects and lets the shooter enter the frame seamlessly with Face Detection Self-Timer.
- New scene modes for more creative shooting (Fisheye Effect creates a circular fish-eye appearance and Miniature Effect creates a graduated blur on outer edges of the subject).
- Smart AUTO mode (22 Scene) intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on the shooting conditions of the scene as well as Face and Motion Detection.
- Servo AF/AE continues to focus and track subject while pressing the shutter button halfway.
- Smart Flash Exposure produces natural looking photos when using the flash to photograph subjects in strong sunlight, at a close distance to the camera, or using fill flash.