Canon today announced the 12-megapixel, ultra-zoom PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera featuring Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor and Optical Image Stabilizer.
The new PowerShot SX130 IS camera has a 3.0-inch LCD screen and a 12x optical zoom lens with Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology, helping to achieve brilliant images when capturing distant objects. Continuing to serve its dual functionality, the SX130 IS camera also shoots 720p HD video with stereo sound for outstanding video quality and features Miniature Effect movie mode, adding a more creative look to any user's video capture. For still photography, the SX130 IS camera encompasses four creative modes- Miniature, Fisheye, Poster, and Super Vivid, making it the first model in its series to offer these four modes.
- Greater shooting capabilities in 720p HD video – the SX130 IS can shoot HD video with stereo sound while using the optical zoom, offering better versatility and image quality.
- A high-powered 12x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake so you achieve brilliant images whether you are up close or far away.
- Great new scene modes like Miniature Effect for Movie offers a creative option to capture your videos and Fisheye Effect offers a cool artistic option to capture your images.
- Smart Flash Exposure where the camera determines the correct flash based on the shooting situation.
- Advanced Smart AUTO detects and analyzes faces, brightness, colors, distance, and movement, then selects an appropriate setting based on 28 predefined shooting situations.
- Powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor, with 12.1 Megapixels.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD (230,000 dots) with high resolution and wide viewing angle.
- This AA battery-powered camera enables you to easily power up.
Price and Availability
Scheduled to be available late August, the SX130 IS camera retails for an estimated price of $249.99.