Canon today announced the 10-megapixel PowerShot SD4500 IS Digital ELPH compact camera w/built-in flash, 10x Optical zoom and 4.0x Digital (40x Combined Zoom) plus 1080p HD movie mode.
The SD4500 IS offers 10x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilization and features Full 1080p HD video mode, both of which are firsts for a Digital ELPH model. In addition to its HD video functionality, the camera can also shoots in Dynamic IS mode. While walking through the park on a summer day, the Dynamic IS mode, located in the camera's continuous AUTO mode, helps stabilize video capture while the photographer is in motion, further improving the clarity of HD video. The SD4500 IS camera also consists of a Super Slow Motion Video Mode, capable of capturing a subject at 240 frames-per-second (fps) and shoots video in Smart AUTO. Consistent in delivering excellent image quality, the camera also has a high-speed burst mode of up to 8.4 fps. Adhering to the design quality of an ELPH camera, the new SD4500 IS camera, available in brown, has a slim, body type, elegant curves, and strong aesthetic features. With the mix of advanced functionality and style, the SD4500 IS camera attracts all levels of users with a plethora of great features.
Get Smart with new shooting scenes
Canon's Smart AUTO now features 28 shooting scenes to help automatically adjust to different lighting or movement levels to obtain the best image possible. Another new feature for the less-experienced shooter to utilize is the Best Image Selection option found in the SD4500 IS camera. With one click of the shutter button, the camera will shoot five sequential shots and save the best shot based on a person's movement and facial expressions. Another added bonus in the SD4500 IS camera is Handheld Night scene. Without the use of a tripod, the Handheld Night scene reduces camera shake, allowing users to shoot beautiful images within dark settings.
- 10x Optical Zoom in a slim, stylish camera body.
- 10.0 Megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create Canon's HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
- 1080p HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output connector for easy playback of video and photos on your HDTV.
- Advanced Smart AUTO now identifies 28 shooting scenes, making automatic shooting even more intelligent.
- Shoot slow motion video with the Super Slow Motion Movie function and playback at 30 fps.
- High-Speed Burst mode for capturing sports and action shots.
- Cool new features like Best Image Selection and Handheld Night Scene, give you greater flexibility when shooting your favorite images.
Price and Availability
Scheduled to be available in early September, the SD4500 IS camera retails for an estimated price of $349.99.