Canon announced the 12-megapixel PowerShot S100 compact digital camera with built-in flash, 24-120mm wide angle lens with 5x optical zoom and an optical image stabilizer system. Offering both automatic or manual settings, this new model replaces the PowerShot S95 Digital Camera from last year, adding GPS, 1080p video recording, faster shooting speeds and improved low-light performance of up to ISO 6400.
The PowerShot S100 is pocket point-and-shoot camera for serious photographers. It incorporates the Canon HS SYSTEM, the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor for enhanced image quality and amazing low-light performance. The fast f/2.0 lens helps you tackle unfavorable lighting and capture breathtaking portraits with beautiful, shallow depth-of-field.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- New DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p video recording in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting
- HDMI output for easy play back videos on a HDTV
- 5x Optical Zoom with 24mm wide angle f/2.0 lens
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 8 frames
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion
- RAW + JPEG shooting options
- Control ring for intuitive manual adjustment
- Built-in GPS tracker records your location when photos are taken
- Large 3.0-inch wide LCD enables easy viewing.
- Compatible with the HF-DC2 High-Power Flash
Price and Availabililty
The Canon PowerShot S100 digital camera will be available early November 2011 in black or silver for $429.99.