Canon announced the 18-megapixel EOS M10 interchangeable lens digital camera with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC, designed specifically for the social media generation, including those who love to take and share high-quality photos and video while on the go. For those “selfie” moments, the EOS M10 camera’s three-inch screen tilts up 180 degrees to help make sure everyone is in the shot. The touch panel LCD screen also lets users browse images and navigate menus with ease. The camera’s Creative Assist mode makes it easy to adjust settings and add effects such as brightness, background blur, vividness of color, contrast, warmth and filter effects to create share-worthy images on the go – letting you stylize your photos and capture the moment just as you want. And, to help everyone look their selfie-best, the Self Portrait mode adjusts camera effects and settings to enhance skin smoothness and brightness.
A compact and stylish design, the EOS M10 camera is fitted with a new retractable EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, that shortens and locks into a compact size when not in use. This retractable Canon interchangeable lens provides outstanding image quality that helps the EOS M10 camera remain small and lightweight to go with you anywhere.
The built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality of the EOS M10 camera is compatible with most current Android devices for easy setup of Wi-Fi communication, and the camera’s Mobile Device Connect Button supports wireless connectivity with IOS and Android devices. The EOS M10 camera also supports wireless remote control featuring live view in compatible Apple and Android devices using Canon’s free Camera Connect app, available through the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
The EOS M10 camera is fully compatible with Canon’s Connect Station CS100, a home hub device that provides a fast and easy way to store photos and videos from the camera as well as view them on the living room TV, transfer them to social media networks and share them with other linked Connect Station CS100 devices, for an added level of sharing.
Pricing and Availability
The EOS M10 camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2015, and will be offered in a kit with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens for $599.99. The camera body is available in black or white, and will also be available in gray exclusively through the Canon Online store.
In addition, the new EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $299.99 and a silver version of the current EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens also is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $349.99.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H:25600)
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Hybrid CMOS AF II for accurate autofocus along with maximum continuous shooting speeds up to 4.6 fps
- 3.0-inch tilt-type (180° up) LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots)
- Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format
- Self Portrait mode to adjust camera effects, including skin smoothness and brightness Compatible with all EF-M lenses as well as full line of EF and EF-S lenses
- Compact size at just 4.2 x 2.6 x 1.3 inches, and just over 10.5 ounces (including battery and memory card)
- Built-in retractable flash
- Built in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) plus Mobile Device Connect Button