Boston Acoustics today introduced its TVee Model 25 Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer ($349.99). With availability expected in April 2011, the virtual surround sound TV and Music audio system uses a slim soundbar and wireless subwoofer to deliver powerful, room-filling sound, with Boston-engineered best-in-class performance. The TVee Model 25 provides consumers with a simple, affordable and common-sense solution for dramatically enhancing their audio experience. The system also includes a host of unique “Smart” Features including Boston's new Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround processing for pinpoint, theater-like surround effects. Designed with the same sleek lines and elegant “form-meets-function” cosmetic as Boston Acoustics' flagship TVee® Model 30 Soundbar System, the TVee Model 25 brings power, quality, and dynamic audio punch to TV, movies, and gaming, as well as enhanced music listening.
Powerful Movie and Music Performance
With a total system power of 150 watts (RMS), the TVee Model 25 virtual surround sound speaker system envelops TV viewers in rich, room-filling audio, and lets users enjoy a TV watching experience that is “fine-tuned” to their content. For instance, in the “Movie Mode,” Boston's Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround lets consumers enjoy clear movie dialogue and music along with cinematic surround audio effects, while the “Music Mode” delivers enhanced digital stereo music reproduction. Perfectly sized for flat-panel TVs 32″ or larger, the TVee Model 25's soundbar achieves its stunning audio performance through the use of Boston Acoustics' low-distortion, wide-bandwidth
“HHRT” (Hyperbolic High Rigidity Transducer) driver technology. The light and rigid cone uses a highly complex shape to reduce distortion, widen the “sweet spot”, and enhance dynamic performance. The system's wireless subwoofer's 6-inch down firing bass driver complements the rich audio experience delivered by the soundbar's uniquely designed full range drivers.
Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25 is Packed with a Host of “Smart” Features
Everything about the TVee Model 25 is designed to be simple, intuitive, and totally flexible. Following Boston's “Play Smart” product approach, the TVee Model 25 includes a variety of “Smart” Features designed to enhance your TV and Music experience including:
- Easy “one-wire” hookup makes it a snap to install with either digital or analog connections, so consumers can begin taking advantage of all the system's advanced capabilities right out of the box
- Soundbar learns your existing remote control, eliminating the need for additional remotes*
- Better movies, sports, and games; The system features Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding and Boston's Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround processing for superior surround sound
- Better music with dedicated Music Mode, providing listeners with a rich and luxurious music listening experience
- Front panel Input button allows users to select digital or analog sources, making it easier to switch between them
- Play Wirelessly! Wireless subwoofer can be placed anywhere in the room, even out of sight, which adds to the system's convenience and flexibility
- A special “Placement EQ Switch” maximizes performance whether the soundbar is placed on a cabinet or mounted on a wall
Eli Harary, Senior Vice President for Boston Acoustics, noted: “As TVs get thinner and thinner, there are significant compromises made in audio quality. People are looking for ways to bring the audio performance to the same level as the video performance, and that's where our TVee Model 25 comes in. The TVee Model 25 delivers a big powerful surround sound and a natural-sounding stereo music experience to consumers in an easy-to-use and affordable package. Best of all, TVee Model 25's Smart Features make it easy for consumers to enjoy an enhanced audio experience!”
* Designed to interface with substantially all current remote controls.