Boston Acoustics, Inc. announced the SoundWare XS 2.1 Stereo Speaker System with the smallest loudspeakers Boston Acoustics has ever produced.
The system includes two ultra-compact SoundWare XS satellites, each measuring less than 4 inches, plus a compact 8″ 100-watt (250-watt Peak) powered subwoofer. Designed for apartment dwellers and space-conscious consumers who want to enjoy great sounding music or powerful home theater audio, the SoundWare XS 2.1 system can also be used for Zone 2 found on many of today's
audio video receivers. The system's compact satellites provide the rich audio power and performance of true two-way speakers, with 2-1/2-inch (65mm) woofers and 1/2-inch (13mm) tweeters. The result is astoundingly accurate and pure sounding music, plus room-filling home theater audio. The system will be available in both black and white finishes and is scheduled for release this month.
SoundWare XS 2.1 boasts several innovative “Smart” Features
As a result of Boston's Play Smart product approach, SoundWare XS 2.1 includes “Smart” features designed to give consumers several ways to enjoy all their entertainment content. SoundWare XS 2.1 includes:
- Unique SoundWare polyhedron shape for virtually unlimited placement options
- Articulating mounting brackets allow the speakers to be hung flush on a wall, or tucked away in a corner while allowing the speaker to be angled towards the main listening area.
- Powered subwoofer features Boston's Patented BassTrac® circuitry for clear undistorted bass at all listening levels and includes both speaker level inputs and outputs and a line level out, providing consumers with the easiest, most flexible setup.
- “Paint-Ready” cabinets for consumers who want to customize the look of their
- SoundWare XS 2.1 speakers to stand out or complement the decor of any environment
- Miniaturized authentic 2-way satellite system for true full range sound