Boston Acoustics introduced the RS 326 Floorstanding Loudspeaker, the elegant new flagship in the company's acclaimed Reflection Series. The RS 326 epitomizes Boston Acoustics' longstanding heritage in audio excellence, and includes a host of innovative “Smart Features,” such as the Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) Tweeter and Multi-Composite Woofer Cones, Super Linear Plane (SLP) Baffles and grilles with invisible magnetic attachments, all housed in a stunning high-gloss scratch-resistant polyester-finished cabinet.
In an elegant fusion of technology, performance, and stylish good looks, the RS 326 delivers clean, balanced sound worthy of Boston's 30-plus year heritage. The 3-Way Dual 6.5″ loudspeaker includes a 1″ EWB tweeter, 3-1/2″ FCCM midrange driver, and Dual 6-1/2″ FCCM woofers to deliver a no-compromise music listening experience. Additionally, dual gold-plated five-way binding posts allow for bi-amp and bi-wiring setup.
Meticulously designed and solidly crafted, the most discriminating enthusiasts will revel in the small details. The RS 326 comes cleverly appointed with magnetic grilles and stylish contours for an uncluttered modern appeal. The loudspeaker complements the decor of any room with its high gloss piano lacquer polyester-finished cabinet. Thanks to the scratch resistant finish, consumers can count on the RS 326 to always retain its striking good looks.
RS 326 boasts several innovative “Smart” Features
As a result of Boston's “Play Smart®” product approach, the RS 326 includes “Smart” features designed to give consumers several ways to enjoy all their entertainment content. These include:
- Super Linear Plane (SLP) Baffles significantly reduce acoustic diffraction. Additionally, the super-shallow grilles use an invisible magnetic attachment and create a seamless alignment with the baffle plane, significantly reducing unwanted sonic barriers. The resulting sound is equally pristine with the grilles on or off. Coupled with Reflection's tightly spaced driver placement, listeners enjoy near-point-source sonic coherence, wide dispersion, and astonishing imaging.
- Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) Tweeters produce stabilized linear motion, lower distortion, improved dispersion, power handling and clarity. Boston engineers accomplished this audio advancement by utilizing a special central diaphragm termination (creating a dimple) and rear chamber venting. The primary benefit of the EWB tweeter is that its sound remains linear throughout the entire frequency response. (An added side benefit is that because it is firmly anchored in the middle of the cone, the tweeter won't get 'poked in' with normal use.)
- Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material (FCCM) Woofer and Midrange Cones. These cones are made from a composite of fiber and ceramic materials impregnated in a proprietary copolymer. By combining these multi-composite cones with Boston's Deep Channel® Design, woofers produce a smooth response over the entire operating range. Listeners get all the thunder of high-output bass and all the subtleties and detail of the midrange — with minimal distortion.
Price and Availability
The RS 326 will be available this month for $999.99 each. In addition to the new RS 326, the Boston Acoustics Reflection Series includes the following models:
- RS 230 compact bookshelf ($249.99 each)
- RS 260 bookshelf ($399.99 each)
- RS 244C center-channel ($499.99)
- RS 223 compact LCR ($399.99)
- RS 334 floorstanding ($699.99 each)
- RPS1000 subwoofer ($899.99)