Features True Multipoint To Connect Two Phones At The Same Time
BlueAnt Wireless today announced the launch of the BlueAnt Q1, the world’s most advanced voice controlled Bluetooth headset. The most sophisticated headset available in the market today, the BlueAnt Q1 offers users the authentic hands-free experience and true Multipoint. The Q1 features BlueAnt’s superior Voice Isolation Technology and provides crystal clear communication every time, even in noisy environments.
The BlueAnt Q1 uses advanced Voice Recognition software which allows you to easily control the headset and many phone functions, just by using your voice.
That’s right: talk to it and it will talk to you.
To hear a list of the available commands simply click the BlueAnt button and say “What Can I Say?”.
“BlueAnt strives to design iconic, high performance Bluetooth products that deliver the ultimate in wireless communication,” said Taisen Maddern, Executive Chairman of BlueAnt Wireless. “Our vision, and the reason BlueAnt has quickly become a market leader, is to offer tomorrow’s technology today. We focus on providing consumers with the ‘Simply Connect’ experience: allowing easy and seamless integration of this new technology into their lives. We delivered on this vision in 2008 by introducing the first voice-controlled Bluetooth headset, the V1, and continue to raise the bar with this, the Q1.”
The BlueAnt Q1 allows users to easily control their headset with simple Voice Commands rather than pressing multiple buttons or even looking at the phone. Unlike other headsets that only support voice dial capabilities through the mobile phone’s voice features, voice control is embedded in the Q1 headset itself. Beyond voice dial capabilities, the Q1 enables the user to control all headset features such as pairing, volume and connection status using only their voice. The Q1 supports such commands as “Redial”, “Call back”, “Answer/ignore call,” and “Check battery.” Users can even ask the Q1, “What can I say?”, and the headset will verbally list all features available on the device. There is also a “Teach me” command that clearly guides the user through all Q1 functions. Saying “Pair me” gets the Q1 to guide the user in pairing with their cell phone.
In addition to Voice Control, the BlueAnt Q1 was designed for optimal comfort, with super-soft silicon ear buds allowing all day wearability. The Q1 also incorporates dual microphones using BlueAnt’s Voice Isolation Technology, a proprietary Digital Signal Processor (DSP) software solution. Voice Isolation Technology employs advanced techniques to separate the user’s voice signal from all other sounds, enhance the voice and remove external noise coming into and out of the headset. The result is outstanding environmental noise reduction, echo cancellation and wind noise protection.
The BlueAnt Q1 Bluetooth headset offers a range of advanced specifications making it the most innovative Bluetooth headset on the market today.
With such features as:
- Use your Voice to Control the Q1 – no more complicated button combinations to remember.
- True multipoint – connect two phones at the same time and answer the one that rings.
- Designed for comfort – the Q1 has been created to be the most comfortable Bluetooth headset enabling all day use.
- Pairs with up to 8 devices.
- Up to 4 hours talk time and 100 hours standby.
- Dual Microphones and BlueAnt’s Voice Isolation Technology ensure that you are always heard, even in the noisiest of environments.
- Custom internal wind shields reduce wind noise to a whisper.
- Firmware upgradeable via USB on your PC.
- 2 year replacement warranty (excludes ear buds, ear hooks, USB cable and AC adaptor).
- MSRP: TBD
BlueAnt Q1 Voice Controls
The BlueAnt Q1 Bluetooth Headset features:
- Use your voice to control the BlueAnt Q1. To answer a call just say, “Answer”. To reject a call just say, “Ignore”. Just say the words; it’s that simple.
- When you want to do something, just click the BlueAnt button and wait for the Q1 to ask you to “Say a command”. Just say the voice command you want, loudly and clearly, and the headset will obey.
- Best of all, there is no voice training required to learn the full set of voice commands. Click the BlueAnt button and say, “What can I say?”.
The main voice commands allow you to:
- Voice control answer of calls — just say “Answer” or “Ignore”.
- The BlueAnt Q1 talks you through it – The Audio QSG sets you up and teaches you how to use the headset — just say, “Teach me.”
- Advanced Headset Control using your voice — just say “Settings menu”
- Check battery of both Q1 headset and your mobile phone* – just say “Check battery”
- “Am I Connected?” lets you know if your BlueAnt Q1 is connected, or puts it into pairing mode if it isn’t
- Voice dialling — call your contacts by using your voice*.
- If you do not want to wait for the prompt or you are in a noisy place, simply click the BlueAnt button once to accept the call or double-click to reject it.
*Mobile phone must support this feature
The BlueAnt Q1 has been designed to reduce background and wind interference in a noisy environment. The Q1 software constantly monitors and removes background noise during your call.
If you find yourself talking in a very noisy or windy environment, simply click the BlueAnt button during the call to switch between standard and maximum noise reduction settings.
Maximum mode reduces nearly all background noise without affecting the quality of your voice.
Designed for Comfort
The BlueAnt Q1 has been designed to be the most comfortable headset available on the market today. The Q1 features specially manufactured silicon ear buds designed to suit all ear shapes and sizes. The super-soft ear buds provide a reliable fit in either left or right ear and are comfortable enough for all-day wear.
The stylish and ergonomic rubberised ear hook is engineered to sit comfortably on and over all ear shapes.
The BlueAnt Q1 uses custom-designed internal wind shields to reduce wind noise from a roar to a whisper. The patented technology prevents wind from interfering with your conversation, allowing you to talk naturally in a windy environment.
Multipoint technology means that you can connect two phones to the Q1 at the same time and answer whichever one rings. For example, if you have a business phone and a personal phone you can connect them both to the Q1 at the same time.
The BlueAnt Q1 supports “true” multipoint technology: although other headset makers claim to support multipoint, most other headsets in the market today actually disconnect the second phone when you are on a call on your headset. This means that if you receive a call on your other phone while you are already on a call you will have to answer that call using the phone handset.
With the BlueAnt Q1 both phones remain connected even when you are on a call. If you get a call on your other phone you can use the Q1 to put your active call on hold and answer your other phone (just hold down the “Vol +” button for one second).
Product Technical Specifications
|Product Type||Mono Bluetooth Headset|
|Form Factor||Over Ear or In Ear (removable ear clip)|
|Bluetooth Version||2.1 + EDR|
|Talk Time||Up to 4hrs|
|Standby Time||Up to 100hrs|
- Incorporates Voice Isolation Technology and cutting edge mechano-acoustic design for ultra low noise performance, echo cancellation and wind noise rejection
- Advanced Blue GenieTM Voice Recognition and Text-To-Speech software enables control of all headset and some Handset function by voice alone
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Dual Microphones
- Handles wind speeds up to 10 mph
- Receive Processing for Headset User
- Automatic Volume Control
- Dynamic Receive Signal Frequency Equalization
- Packet Loss Concealment
- Multipoint Technology — Connect two phones at once
- 2 Year Replacement Warranty
- Output Power: Class II (-6~+4dBm), 0dBm (Typical)
- RF Performance Sensitivity: < 0.1% BER at -80 dBm (Typical)
- RF Performance Working range: The Q1 will work well noise free up to a distance of 10 meters from the user’s phone
- Charging Time: Less than 2.5 hours
- Input Power: 5V 500mA Maximum