BenQ introduced the MW860USTi and MP780 ST+ interactive short-throw projectors with ultra-short-throw ratios of 0.37 and 0.49, respectively. Designed to provide teachers and students with the ultimate interactive experience in any classroom setting, the versatile teaching tools feature BenQ's second-generation PointDraw interactive projection technology with dual pen support.
BenQ's second-generation PointDraw interactive projection technology comes with the new PointDraw Pen 2.0, which features a faster response time to support remote interactivity up to 25 feet away from the board or projected surface. Dual pen control is supported by the newly designed QDraw 2.0 interactive software — enabling endless collaboration through simultaneous teacher-student interaction.
With the MW860USTi and MP780 ST+, students can enjoy taking turns making their contribution to the lesson using their own independent tool bar, which is under the teacher's complete guidance and control. Like its predecessor, the second-generation PointDraw technology requires no system calibration. Teachers can easily set up their lesson to begin teaching by simply turning on the projector and the PointDraw pens.
“With the original PointDraw, we introduced an innovative interactive solution that freed teachers from the hassles of system calibration and allowed them to teach from anywhere in the classroom,” said Lars Yoder, President at BenQ America Corp. “With the second generation, we've taken interactivity to an entirely new level by doubling the functionality PointDraw offers. With this amazing technology, the MW860USTi and MP780 ST+ are the most advanced interactive tools available on the market.”
|Native Resolution||WXGA (1280×800)||WXGA (1280×800)|
|Brightness||3000 ANSI lumens||2500 ANSI lumens|
|Contrast Ratio||2600:1 (Full on/Full off)||3000:1 (Full on/Full off)|
|Display Color||1.07 Billion Colors||1.07 Billion Colors|
|Lens||F=2.7, f=5.45mm||F=2.6, f=6.9mm|
|Aspect Ratio||Native 16:10
(5 aspect ratio selectable)
(5 aspect ratio selectable)
|Throw Ratio||0.37 (87″@0.73m)||0.49 (87″@0.91m)|
|Image Size (Diagonal)||60~300″||47~300″|
|Lamp (Normal/Economic Mode)||2500/4000 hours||3000/4000 hours|
MW860USTi and MP780 ST+ Features
- DLP Link maximizes students' learning by creating an immersive learning environment through 3D visualization.
- WXGA short-throw projection increases the viewing area by 30 percent compared to XGA, and provides sharper, clearer images with less shadow distractions.
- 20-W built-in speaker power with audio pass-through and microphone input replaces classroom audio systems at no extra cost.
- LAN Display and USB Display options provide support for quick and easy setup, in addition to simultaneous multiprojection display capabilities.
- USB Drive Display and Remote Desktop support PC-less teaching by allowing teachers to simply use a USB flash drive, or remotely access their computers via a wireless mouse and keyboard over the LAN.