Conserve’s Timer Automatically Turns off Outlets and Eliminates Standby-Power Consumption
Belkin today announced its new Conserve Surge with Timer, a cost-saving business solution that helps organizations reduce the amount of energy wasted by office electronics at the workstation. The surge protector gives IT and facilities managers greater control over power consumption, specific to desktop electronics where nearly half of all IT energy costs originate. Its automatic timer makes saving both money and energy simple, while empowering employees to make a positive impact toward global efforts for a reduced carbon footprint.
While many companies look to the data center when thinking of reducing power consumption, energy usage in the office environment can equal the energy consumed by the data center–and more is wasted because office electronics continue to consume electricity even when turned off or in standby mode. Called “standby power,” this wasted energy is difficult for companies to control because it includes devices managed by the end user and often across distributed environments–monitors, printers, scanners, speakers, and task lights.
With the new Conserve Surge with Timer, employees can plug their office electronics into one of the six “auto off” outlets, while two “always on” outlets keep PCs and other critical devices powered on at all times. Employees can activate the six switched outlets with a single press of the on/off button, allowing the surge protector’s automatic timer to eliminate power to those outlets after 11 hours. Prior to the automatic shutdown, a blinking LED on the button will warn employees. When the employee leaves for the day, the switched outlets turn off, eliminating the power consumption that would normally occur throughout the evening and over weekends.
- Built-in timer automatically eliminates wasted “standby power” consumption
- Timer automatically turns off electronics plugged into the “auto off” outlets after 11 hours, requiring little to no effort on the part of the employee
- Six “auto off” outlets for devices not requiring constant power, e.g., monitors, lamps, and printers
- Two “always on” outlets for PCs and other electronics requiring constant power
- One-touch on/off button sits on the desktop to control “auto off” outlets
- Designed for high-density, user-intensive office environments
- Instructional leave-behind card provides employee education and engagement
- Fold-flat packaging improves time to deploy
- User-driven, intuitive design helps eliminate tech-support calls
- Progressive — empowers employees to participate in energy savings and cost reduction right at their workstations.
- Automatic — energy-cost reduction is hassle-free with the built-in timer, which turns off electronics automatically.
- Intuitive — designed with office environments in mind, the single-button solution is easy to install and non-intrusive to the workspace.
- Available now in the US: Conserve Surge with Timer (CNS08-T-06) – $34.99