Through hundreds of hours of music listening and sound tuning, Bang & Olufsen sound designers have fashioned an astonishingly deep and layered soundstage that matches the spacious and sporty interior of the Audi A4 allroad quattro perfectly.
- Hundreds of hours of music listening and sound tuning have gone into the development of the Bang & Olufsen Sound System for the Audi A4 allroad quattro.
- Bang & Olufsen True Image Digital Signal Processing turns 2-channel stereo signals into perfect 7.1-channel surround sound.
- Sound can be optimized according to the number of passengers and their position in the car.
- Bang & Olufsen True Image Digital Signal Processing also optimises multichannel formats such as DVD-Video into 7.1 channels for vehicle playback.
- The system uses a microphone integrated in the ceiling of the cockpit to measure changing noise conditions (road and engine noise etc.), and automatically adapts the volume and timbral balance to ensure the ultimate listening experience at any volume and at any speed.
- 14 loudspeakers and 10 amplifier channels offer a unique combination of audiophile sound quality and high output power.
- A total wattage of 505 means the sound system has adequate power reserves to reproduce music with a minimum of distortion.
- The Bang & Olufsen Sound System is completely integrated with the MMI multi media user interface in the Audi A4 allroad quattro.
Statements from Jens Peter Zinck, Managing Director, Bang & Olufsen Automotive
The Bang & Olufsen Sound System for the Audi A4 is superior to other sound systems for cars in the same category. The system delivers an excellent sound experience unparalleled in this segment. It also provides an exclusive total experience that matches the sporty design and dynamic driving performance of the Audi A4 allroad quattro.
People spend more and more time in their vehicles, and for many it is the one place where they actually have the opportunity to actively listen to music.
Bang & Olufsen sees the vehicle as another room where our customers desire and deserve to have an excellent listening experience. It is a natural development for our brand not only to deliver that experience for our customers at home, but also in a car like the Audi A4 allroad quattro with its sophisticated interior and spacious ambience.< !-/quote-!>
Through hundreds of hours of sound tuning, Bang & Olufsen sound specialists have developed an outstanding soundstage that is supported by our proprietary True Image technology. Specifically tuned for the system in the Audi A4 allroad quattro, True Image turns 2-channel stereo signals into perfect 7.1-channel surround sound, distributing both channels to all loudspeakers in the car – each with its own particular delay and level – to surround you with pure sound.
The sound system comprises fourteen tailor-made loudspeakers, and with a total output of 505 watts delivered by 10 amplifiers the system is characterized by a unique combination of audiophile sound quality and high output power that breaks down previous performance barriers in car audio.
Thanks to Bang & Olufsen proprietary technologies, it has been possible to develop a complete and fully integrated in-car surround sound system without taking up unnecessary space and without adding any significant weight to the car.
The Bang & Olufsen Sound System uses a microphone integrated in the ceiling of the cockpit to measure changing noise conditions, and automatically adapts the volume and timbral balance accordingly. At the same time, the intelligent loudness system ensures that the perceived balance of bass, mid-range and treble remains constant at all volume levels. Combined, these two technologies work to let you experience pure, authentic sound at any volume and at any speed. What this also means is that you can stay focused on the driving and the listening experience, and do not have to turn the volume up and down whenever noise conditions change.
In addition, a customer-defined sound focus (in combination with MMI Navigation plus) makes it possible to preset or change the sound image, optimizing it according to how many people are in the car and where they are sitting: Driver-focused, front or rear seat focused or focusing on all seats. In this way, the listener – wherever he or she is seated — is always the centre of the experience.
The design of the sound system is inimitably Bang & Olufsen. The elegantly crafted speaker grilles with a unique hole structure are made from a combination of high-grade aluminium and plastic match the versatile and sophisticated Audi A4 allroad Quattro perfectly. The seamless integration not only goes for the design, it also has also been applied to the operation, which is fully integrated with Audi’s built-in MMI system (Multi Media Interface).
The bottom line; the Bang & Olufsen Sound System in the Audi A4 allroad quattro is for all those music lovers and connoisseurs who dream about spoiling themselves and their passengers with a listening experience which — like the driving experience itself – is simply excellent.