AudioControl today announced the new 7.1.4-channel Concert AVR-7 and Concert AVR-9 A/V receivers with Dolby ATMOS, 4K, HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2 and DIRAC Live Room Correction. Each model looks visually identical with same features and only differs by their internal amplification.
The Concert AVR-9 features a high current amplifier that produces 200 watts x 7 into 4 ohms, all channels driven. The Concert AVR-7 offer 100 watts x 7 channels is stable to 4 ohms, but the power output does not increase like the high current Concert AVR-9. Otherwise both the AVR-7 and AVR-9 benefit from all the same audio and video processing, inputs/outputs, including four high-performance Dolby Atmos pre-amp outputs. Users can drive the Dolby Atmos channels using the high-power amplification contained inside the Concert AVR’s and also add additional power utilizing AudioControl’s high-power 2-channel Bijou 600 or Rialto 600 amplifiers as the perfect Dolby Atmos amplifier.
The AudioControl Concert AVR-7 & AVR-9 include 7 HDMI 2.0a inputs, 4 x COAX SPDIF and 2 x Toslink digital audio inputs; 6 x stereo analog inputs, USB Input, Ethernet Client. Both models benefit from 2nd Zone HDMI outputs (ARC compatible). Surround modes include Dolby ATMOS; Dolby True HD; Dolby Digital Plus; Dolby Digital EX; Dolby Digital 5.1; Dolby Pro Logic IIx; DTS-HD Master Audio; DTS-X ready.
AudioControl’s Concert A/V Receivers are designed exclusively for the custom install channel. They have Ethernet connectivity and RS232, and are compatible with leading control systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI and Savant. Both models have the ability to scale to any resolution standard or high definition sources where required. The audio platform builds upon AudioControl’s legendary audio reputation with powerful, dynamic, audiophile amplification supported by the best in room correction through DIRAC LIVE.
Price and Availability
AudioControl will begin shipping in Q4 2015 direct from AudioControl’s design, engineering and manufacturing facilities located in Seattle, USA and come with AudioControl’s legendary 5-year warranty.
- Concert AVR-7 → $4,200
- Concert AVR-9 → $6,200
- 7.1.4 Home Theater 4K Ultra HD supporting HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2
- Supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X ready
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- 7 HDMI 2.0a inputs; COAX SPDIF x 4; Toslink x 2; RCA Phono x 6
- Dual HDMI outputs (ARC support)
- USB Input for connection to iPad, iPhone, iPod and other portable music players and mass storage devices
- Supports MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio), WAV, FLAC (Free Lossless Audio CODEC) and MPEG-4 AAC (i-Tunes) playback
- Seven channels of ‘cool running’ Class H amplification delivers 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms, all channels driven
- HD Surround modes include Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X
- Also supported Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo Downmix, Dolby Digital 5.1 + Dolby Surround, DTS 5.1, DTS 5.1 Stereo Downmix, DTS-ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS96/24
- Compatibility and integration with leading control systems including Crestron, Control 4, Savant and RTI
- Custom Install control ready with IP, RS232, 12 volt trigger and IR control options
- AudioControl iOS Control App available free on the iTunes Store
- Internet radio and music streaming services including Spotify Connect
- Programmable Remote control provided