ARCHOS announced three tablets to its new Platinum range, which feature a sleek aluminum design combined with the best high-definition IPS displays, quad-core processors and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The three models come in 8-inch, 9.7-inch and 11.6-inch screen sizes, all of which deliver true vivid colors, sharper text and amazingly fast performance.
The entire Platinum range will all share the following features:
- High-Definition IPS display with capacitive multi-touch screen
- QUAD core CPU at 1.2 GHz with 8-core GPU, with 1080p video decoding
- 2 GB RAM
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Full access to the 700,000 applications
- Archos Media Center applications
- Front and Back Cameras
- Mini-HDMI and Micro SD ports
Price and Availability
- The ARCHOS 80 Platinum, an 8” tablet, features a 1024×768 resolution IPS screen and when compared to the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 it is almost twice as fast, has double the RAM and has a back camera for a fraction of the cost. The 80 Platinum will be available in February for $199.
- The ARCHOS 97 Platinum, a 9.7” tablet, features a stunning 2048×1536 resolution IPS screen, which is comparable to the Retina display found in the iPad, but is 40% less expensive. The 97 Platinum HD will be available in February for $299.
- The ARCHOS 116 Platinum, an 11.6” tablet, features a 1920×1080 resolution IPS screen, unlike anything currently on the market. The 116 Platinum will be available in April for $349.
Where to Buy