ARCHOS 404 Camcorder is the First Portable Media Player With Built-in Camcorder, Records 80 Hours of Video on a 30GB Hard Drive, 3.5-inch Screen and Ultra Portable Form Factor
Weighing in at just under seven ounces, the brand new ARCHOS 404 Camcorder is the complete portable digital media player for anyone wanting to both take all of their entertainment content with them and take digital video while on the go. Available from ARCHOS, a global consumer electronics manufacturer and inventor of the portable video player, the 404 Camcorder is the first portable media player with a built-in camcorder for capturing and viewing video anywhere, and still fits easily in a small purse or a shirt pocket. The ARCHOS 404 Camcorder is available today for $299.99 MSRP at http://www.archos.com and other select online retailers.
The ARCHOS 404 Camcorder is the perfect portable multimedia player for vacationers, teens, parents, and everyone wanting to capture both extraordinary and everyday events on the same device that houses their entire collection of video, photos and music files. The ARCHOS 404 Camcorder provides consumers with a 30GB(a) hard drive for capturing up to 80 hours(1) of VGA-quality video (640 x 480), combined with the option to play back video on the device’s 3.5-inch LCD screen, or easily post it to video sharing and community sites such as MySpace or YouTube.
“Our goal with the 404 Camcorder was to provide consumers first and foremost with a great portable media player where they could access and enjoy all of their movies, video content, music and photos,” said Larry Smith, ARCHOS COO for North America. “With the added camcorder functionality, the device becomes the ultimate take-along digital media center where capturing and playback are all in one, super-slim handheld package.”
Like all products in the ARCHOS Generation 4 line-up, the ARCHOS 404 Camcorder works with the optional DVR Station to record TV or DVDs directly from the home entertainment system, acting as a portable digital video recorder. The device also supports video downloads from the major online video stores. The ARCHOS 404 Camcorder’s full list of capabilities includes:
- Capture videos in standard MPEG-4 format in VGA resolution (640 x 480) and upload to any applicable Internet site.
- 3.5-inch LCD screen — twice the size of similarly priced PMPs — for high-quality video playback.
- A 30GB hard drive to store up to 80 hours of personal video, 25 DVD-quality movies, 300,000 photos or 15,000 songs.(1)
- Reads all standard video formats(2) in full DVD resolution.
- Plays back personal or DVD-quality videos onto a TV with optional ARCHOS DVR Station or ARCHOS video cable.
- Record directly from TV in high-quality MPEG-4 with optional DVR Station.
- Fast photo viewer with zoom, music and transition effects.
- Advanced music player with the ability to display track, artist, album and album art.
- Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera for capturing still photos.
- Compatible with a large number of online DVD-quality VOD and music stores.
- Large choice of convenient accessories for TV recording, direct digital photo transfers, hands-free video capturing and more.
- Back-up storage device with 30GB capacity and ability to transfer content via USB 2.0.
- Compatible with PC and Mac.
Pricing and Availability
The ARCHOS 404 Camcorder is priced at $299.99 and is available now at http://www.archos.com and other select online retailers. All ARCHOS portable media players come with headphones, USB cable, DVR saddle for connecting the optional DVR Recorder and protective case.
ARCHOS is a global consumer electronics manufacturer and the technology leader in the field of portable entertainment. Committed to the most innovative technology and inventor of the portable video player, ARCHOS offers award-winning pocket-sized products that feature audio and video recording, photo viewing, and other multimedia and productivity applications for the enjoyment of the most exciting entertainment anywhere, anytime. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available online at http://www.archos.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
(a) 1GB= 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity is less.
(1) On average; based on 3.5 mins/song & 64 kbits/s WMA (for better quality 128 Kbit/s or more recommended), on 500 kbits/s MPEG-4 audio/video encoding and 1h30/movie (for near DVD Quality 1500 Kbits/s encoding or more recommended), on JPEG, VGA.
(2) MPEG-4 ASP, WMV (including protected WMV) and the possibility to read H.264, MPEG-2, and VOB files with optional software plug-ins (codec downloadable from http://www.archos.com)