Arcam announced its first Blu-ray player, model FMJ BDP100, is now shipping. This new player offers customers a level of movie and music reproduction that few disc players, of any price, can match and is designed to deliver an experience to thrill even the most demanding of audiences.
Using Arcam's unique expertise has allowed the extraction of the very best video and audio performance from a digital source. The BPD100 uses a very simple, almost direct video path from the disc right through to its high precision outputs. This very direct path allows the video signal to be presented without unnecessary disruption giving a presentation that will truly captivate the viewer. Using broadcast quality digital video clocks during the process means the resulting picture quality is simply stunning.
To ensure the BDP100's music performance meets the same “reference” standards the class- leading Wolfson Audio 8741 digital to analogue converter (DAC) is used. This device, coupled with a linear phase Bessel output filter and high precision re-clocking system results in an audio performance comparable to a dedicated audiophile CD player.
- Class leading Blu-ray player
- Audiophile grade CD music playback
- Wolfson 8741 audio DAC
- Blu-ray profile 2
- IR and full duplex RS232 Control
- Stunning picture and sound
- Fast load speed
Even the BDP100's power supply has been specially designed for outright performance. Discreet sub-regulated power supplies on the drive, audio and DAC boards deliver significant benefits to the overall performance of each element and thus allow each section to work truly independently and without interference.
To minimise the effect of radio frequencies (RF) from interfering with the BDP100's high performance circuitry the Arcam development team have used its “Mask of Silence” techniques to shield important signal paths. The difference this technology makes is significant and is unique to Arcam.
As with all its FMJ units, Arcam has gone to incredible lengths to maximise the performance of this new player. As an example the BDP100 benefits from a critically damped cover to virtually eliminate damaging microphonic vibration from reaching the sensitive electronics inside. In addition, while other Blu-ray devices can suffer from slow disc load times, the BDP100 has been optimised to make the journey from disc insertion to playback as fast as possible.
The BDP100 is designed with a single purpose; to deliver the very best music and movie experience for discerning owners. It also features a full suite of discrete IR and RS232 codes making it perfect for integration within a high performance home cinema installation.
The Arcam FMJ BDP100 is available in black and silver for $1,499.
BDP100 Features and specifications
- HDMI (v1.3a)
- Coaxial digital (RCA Phono)
- Optical digital (Toslink)
- Zone 1 analogue (RCA Phono)
- Zone 2 analogue (RCA Phono)
- Output Level (0DBFS): 2.2VRMS
- THD+N (0dBFS, 1kHz, 22Hz to 22kHz, unweighted): 0.002%
- HDMI (v1.3a) — inc. Deep Color
- Component video (3x RCA Phono)
- Composite video (RCA Phono)
- Disc types:- Blu-Ray Disc (BD) including BD Live, DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-Audio (CDDA), CD-R, CD-RW
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS Master Audio
- MP3 – Sample rate 44.1kHz, 48kHz, Bit rate up to 320kbps
- WMA – Sample rate 44.1kHz, 48kHz, Bit rate up to 192kbps
- JPEG – Maximum resolution 4272×2848 pixels
- AVI – Codec Xvid, Image size 1920×1080 @30fps
- WMV – Codec WMV9 Image size 1920×1080 @30fps
Custom Install Features
- RC-5 remote input
- Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on / off etc
- 12Volt trigger
- Full duplex RS232 control input for more complex control systems
- Supplied with remote control
- Large, high contrast dimmable VFD front panel display
- Universal mains power supply (100-240v)
- Size — 435mm (17.1in) wide, 400mm (15.7) deep, 100mm (3.9in) high
- Weight 6.2kg (13.7lbs) nett, 10.0kg (22.0lbs) packed