PND-K3 PORTABLE NAVIGATION SYSTEM NOW SHIPPING
With today’s on-the-go lifestyle, the portable navigation device (PND) is becoming a ubiquitous part of the driving experience. Consumers now demand both exceptional navigation performance and ease-of-use; sleek aesthetics are important, too. Answering this demand, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of automotive mobile media solutions, today announced it is shipping the PND-K3 all-in-one portable navigation plus Bluetooth hands-free system. The PND-K3’s natural voice text-to-speech and superior vehicle positioning technology work together for a seamless and accurate navigation and cellular hands-free experience.
“With the PND-K3’s full feature set, sleek form factor and updated user interface, the PND-K3 is a serious competitor in the step-up portable navigation market,” said Stephen Witt, vice president, marketing.
The PND-K3’s advanced accuracy vehicle-positioning technology enables it to better maintain a moving car’s location on the map even in areas where it’s difficult to receive GPS signals, such as in a tunnel, around tall buildings or near heavy foliage. The PND-K3 simultaneously uses three technologies — satellite-linked global positioning data, sophisticated gyro technology (to measure the vehicle’s direction) and accelerometer technology (to measure the vehicle’s speed). The result is accurate and continuous vehicle positioning in virtually any location, giving consumers confidence throughout their trip.
The PND-K3 also delivers useful features, including:
- Total touch screen control via a large, sunlight-readable 4.3-inch display that ensures clear visibility in any lighting condition
- Simple and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) with big, bright icons, large buttons and easy-to-understand screen graphics
- Natural-sounding voice text-to-speech announcements that deliver turn-by-turn driving instructions, street and highway exit names
- New assistive mapping visuals that offer essential driving information, such as Highway Junction View (which distinctly indicates the correct lane to use at a junction split) and One-Way Street Icons for clear notification of one-way streets
- 6 million points of interest (POIs), which include restaurants, hotels, gas stations, movie theaters and grocery stores
- Preloaded NAVTEQ maps of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
- Built-in Bluetooth for convenient hands-free phone calls when connected to compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices
- Built-in SD card slot that enables playback of WMA/MP3 music files
- Customizable map and menu color schemes with eight different color options, enabling drivers to personalize the look of their PND-K3 to match their vehicle’s instrumentation lighting
The PND-K3’s compact cradle makes it convenient to attach the device to the windshield or dashboard. The cradle uses a ball-and-joint socket, allowing the driver to easily and precisely position the PND-K3 for the best viewing angle. And, despite the slim size, sound quality and volume are not sacrificed; the PND-K3’s built-in loudspeaker allows voice instructions, music and incoming Bluetooth calls to be heard loud and clear.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The Alpine PND-K3 portable navigation system is available now at authorized Alpine dealers for $550.
ABOUT ALPINE ELECTRONICS
Alpine Electronics is a global supplier of automotive mobile media solutions including audio, video, satellite-linked navigation and portable device connectivity systems for original equipment and aftermarket applications. Alpine is at the forefront of vehicle entertainment and information system innovation, with many first-to-market technologies such as portable navigation that docks into an in-dash unit, iPod integration, full-range digital amplification and automated acoustical correction sound systems.
With manufacturing and R&D facilities in Japan, China, Europe and North America, and more than 1,600 global patents, Alpine’s premium sound systems and user-friendly navigation products combine the latest in advanced technology with an enhanced user experience.
Alpine is a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world’s premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronics equipment. Visit http://www.alpine-usa.com to learn more about Alpine products or to find an authorized retailer.