Acer introduced two 20-inch all-in-one (AIO) desktop PCs with the Veriton Z2620G offering quad core processors and discrete graphics and the lesser powered, lower cost Veriton Z2610G. Both All-in-Ones are encased in a slim and understated black and silver chassis.
The 20-inch widescreen LCD displays with a 1600 x 900 resolution provide crystal-clear visuals for easy viewing of spreadsheets, presentations and other productivity files. These systems have 4GB DDR3 SDRAM upgradeable to 8GB via two memory slots for fast multitasking. The new all-in-ones provide all the essentials needed for general productivity with large 500GB SATA hard drives and SuperMulti optical drives for loading software and backing up valuable data.
The new Veriton all-in-one systems come with software for safeguarding valuable information. Acer Proshield has an encrypted hidden drive for confidential personal files, a file shredder to wipe sensitive content from the system, and a BIOS import and export tool that simplifies system management. Acer’s One-Button Recovery (OBR) function makes backing up and/or restoring a PC’s data simple. If the PC’s operating system files are lost or damaged, the recovery process can restore the Veriton’s original factory default settings or to the last system backup.
The new AIOs offer several efficient management tools, including Acer Client Manager for enabling IT managers to deploy software and control users’ systems remotely. Acer eRecovery Management creates system back-ups, copies configurations and burns factory default images. It also restores user-created HDD images or optical disks, original system configurations and reinstalls Acer applications and drivers. In addition, these systems offer the Veriton ControlCenter that includes:
- Acer eLock Management for enabling IT managers to deploy software and control users’ systems remotely
- Acer eSettings Management for tracking and storing users’ software preferences
- QuickMigration for quickly updating and transferring personal data from one PC to another using a common network cable
- SmartBoot for automatically loading frequently used programs in the system tray at start-up
The new Veriton Z family offerings also come with Adobe Reader, Windows 7 Professional and Internet Explorer. Offering plenty of options for connecting a wide range of digital devices and peripherals, there are six USB 2.0 ports. Fast Internet access is provided by Gigabit Ethernet and wireless 802.11 b/g/n WiFi. Embedded high-definition audio creates high-quality sound for videoconferencing and webcasts.
- Acer Veriton Z2620G with a high-performance Intel Core i5-2400s (6MB cache, 2.50 GHz with Max Turbo Frequency up to 3.30GHz, 4 cores) and discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M graphics with prices beginning at $849.99
- Acer Veriton Z2610G with an Intel Pentium G620 processor (3MB cache, 2.60GHz, Dual Core) and Intel HD Graphics with prices beginning at $649.99