Powerful Suite of Audio Technologies Drives Great Entertainment Experiences
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) today announced that Acer’s Aspire line of notebook PCs will feature Dolby Home Theater, a suite of technologies that offer advanced home theater audio features and premium surround sound experiences.
As people explore new and improved ways to enjoy entertainment on the PC, great audio becomes an essential feature for notebooks. Through Dolby Home Theater, Acer Aspire users will have the freedom and flexibility to enjoy rich surround sound in a variety of playback environments and can enjoy more vivid and engaging experiences from their favorite music, movies, and games.
“Intent on bringing our customers the freshest technologies that enhance the user experience, Acer is the first to introduce the latest Dolby Home Theater technology across an entire line of PCs with our new Aspire notebooks,” said Campbell Kan, Vice President of Mobile Computing, IT Products Business Group, Acer Inc. “Dolby Home Theater offers a rich array of audio features which unleashes the entertainment experience on Aspire by raising the bar for audio performance on a notebook. We think people will be amazed by what they hear.”
“Having Dolby Home Theater included in the Acer Aspire product lineup is an important milestone for Dolby and brings the benefits of the PC Entertainment Experience program to even more people around the world,” said Francois Modarresse, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Dolby Laboratories. “It also enables Acer to define and differentiate the multimedia capabilities of the Aspire through great audio.”
Acer Aspire notebooks featuring Dolby Home Theater will be available worldwide and will support all of the following Dolby technologies:
- Dolby Digital, a powerful audio format that provides up to 5.1-discrete channels of crystal-clear digital surround sound with extensive home theater compatibility.
- Dolby Digital Live, which converts any audio signal from the PC into Dolby Digital for easy connection to home theater systems through a single digital cable.
- Dolby Pro Logic II, which creates a cinema-style 5.1 channel surround sound experience from any stereo (2-channel) movie, music, TV or game audio source.
- Dolby Headphone, which delivers the cinema-style experience of a 5.1 channel soundtrack from any set of headphones, while improving long-term listening comfort.
- Dolby Virtual Speaker, which delivers the cinema-style surround experience of a 5.1 channel soundtrack from any pair of stereo speakers.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) develops and delivers products and technologies that make the entertainment experience more realistic and immersive. For more than four decades, Dolby has been at the forefront of defining high-quality audio and surround sound in cinema, broadcast, home audio systems, cars, DVDs, headphones, games, televisions, and personal computers. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit http://www.dolby.com.