Panasonic announced the rebirth of the Technics audio brand to “Rediscover Music.” The first new product lines include two audiophile systems — the high-end R1 Reference system with floor standing speakers and the Premium System C700 bookshelf sized stereo system.
Reference Class R1 Series
- SE-R1 Stereo Power Amplifier – Flagship power amplifier sets a new high-performance standard for digital amplifiers by employing state-of-the-art components and innovative technologies.
- SU-R1 Network Audio Control Player – Minimizes noise, and achieves maximum silence, building on the digital source reproduction technology and knowhow that we have accumulated over many years.
- SB-R1 Speaker System – Reference floor standing loudspeakers achieve a superlative level of sound reproduction, building on our linear-phase, point-sound-source concept.
Premium System C700
- SU-C700 Stereo Integrated Amplifier – Employs innovative fully-digitised processing that delivers a pure and accurate signal to the speakers.
- ST-C700 Network Audio Player – Effectively removes noise to deliver a pure listening experience.
- SL-C700 Compact Disc Player – Provides accurate and high-quality music reproduction, drawing out the full potential inherent in a music CD.
- SB-C700 Speaker System – 2-way bookshelf speaker which realizes both high transparency and a precise sound image, building on our linear-phase, point-sound-source concept.
By combining heritage “audio technology” with state-of-the-art “digital technology,” Panasonic offers music lovers emotionally engaging sound that will allow them to “Rediscover Music.”
Price and Availability
New Technics-branded hi-fi audio systems will be released first in the European market in December 2014 and later in other parts of the world. Price TBD.