Featuring Integrated Operation, Upgraded Performance And An Elegant Design
WOODBURY, NY — Harman Kardon announced today the introduction of its CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55 system solutions, complete high-performance home theater packages built around the company’s new AVR 347, AVR 247 and AVR 146 audio/video receivers. All three systems include a DVD player, 5.1-channel loudspeaker system, unified system remote control, and cables and accessories. These home theater systems combine ease of operation with exceptional audio and video performance, upgraded features, and Harman Kardon’s distinctively elegant black-and-silver styling.
Paul Bente, president of the Home Products Division of the Harman Consumer Group, points out: “At Harman Kardon, making home entertainment easy and accessible for consumers has always been a top priority. Our new CP Series systems exemplify our design approach — they deliver spectacular picture and sound quality, yet are simple to use, and all the components in each system work together seamlessly. They are stunning in appearance as well, with the unique visual appeal that distinguishes every Harman Kardon product.”
CP Series Systems: Exceptional Performance, Features and Versatility
The new receivers are significantly upgraded from previous models to offer best-in-class performance, features and flexibility. The 7.1-channel AVR 347 and AVR 247 include DCDi by Faroudja technology, which provides video processing and scaling up to 720p to deliver extraordinary video playback quality from their HDMI or component video outputs. In addition, the AVR 347 and AVR 247 feature audio processing and signal repeater functionality via their HDMI outputs. All three receivers are capable of passing high-definition video signals up to 1080p through their multiple HDMI or component video connections.
The receivers offer a host of additional advanced features, including Harman Kardon’s proprietary automated room equalization and system calibration to simplify system setup (AVR 347 and AVR 247); XM Satellite Radio* and multiroom audio capability (AVR 347 and AVR 247); sophisticated Quadruple- and Triple-Crossover Bass-Management Systems; high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier sections; and other refinements. All incorporate an A/V Sync Delay function that ensures precise synchronization of picture and sound in any home entertainment system.
All of the receivers also include an exclusive iPod interface that provides enhanced iPod audio and video playback and control capabilities. When a compatible iPod model** is connected to one of the receivers using
***, the iPod can be operated by the receiver’s remote control, with menus to operate the iPod shown on a TV (or video display) and the receiver’s front-panel display.
The DVD 48 universal DVD player included with the CP 65, and the DVD 38 DVD-Audio/Video player supplied with the CP 60 and CP 55 are engineered to deliver superlative audio and video performance. Both models include an HDMI output. The DVD 48 incorporates built-in DCDi by Faroudja processing and scaling to 1080p; the DVD 38 features upscaling to 1080i. Both offer an exclusive, intuitive navigational interface, a wealth of advanced features and comprehensive disc-playback capabilities.
The loudspeaker packages in the systems include wall-mountable satellite speakers and a center channel speaker, plus a powered subwoofer. All incorporate premium-quality drivers and components for clear, dynamic and expansive sound, as well as a striking gloss-black finish.
The Harman Kardon CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55 System Solutions complete home theater packages will be available in April 2007, with suggested retail prices of $1,899, $1,399 and $1,199, respectively.
A pair of Harman Kardon’s matching HKS 9 and HKS 6 satellite speakers (available separately) can be added to the CP 65 and the CP 60, respectively, to create a 7.1-channel home theater system. The HKS 9 and HKS 6 satellite speakers are available at suggested retail prices of $149 per pair (HKS 9) and $119 per pair (HKS 6).
Following is a list of the main features of Harman Kardon’s CP 65, CP 60 and CP 55.
AVR 347, AVR 247 and AVR 146 Receivers
- Power output: AVR 347, 7 x 55 watts; AVR 247, 7 x 50 watts; AVR 146, 5 x 30 watts (all power outputs rated into 8 ohms, 20Hz — 20kHz, <0.07% THD, all channels driven)
- DCDi by Faroudja video processing and scaling up to 720p (AVR 347, AVR 247)
- Dual-input HDMI video switching (all models) and audio processing (AVR 347, AVR 247)
- HDMI signal repeater functionality to enable longer HDMI cable lengths between receiver and video display (AVR 347, AVR 247)
- EzSet/EQ feature with automated system calibration and room equalization (AVR 347, AVR 247)
- Connection to Harman Kardon’s The Bridge for iPod audio and video playback, control and charging
- XM Ready (where available) with built-in XM Satellite Radio decoder, tuner and rear-panel connector to accept an XM antenna module (AVR 347, AVR 247)
- Quadruple-Crossover Bass Manager (AVR 347, AVR 247) or Triple-Crossover Bass Manager (AVR 146) allows selection of one of six different crossover frequencies for the front, center and surround speaker groups to yield optimal bass performance
- Multizone audio capability (AVR 347, AVR 247; AVR 347 includes A-BUS/READY multizone operation)
- Exclusive Logic 7 surround-enhancement technology for enhanced sonic realism from matrix-encoded and stereo audio sources; compatibility with popular surround sound formats
DVD 48 Universal DVD Player and DVD 38 DVD-Audio/Video Player
- HDMI output with DCDi by Faroudja video processing and scaling to 1080p (DVD 48) or upscaling to 1080i (DVD 38)
- Pixel-by-pixel digital video processing for exceptional image quality
- Playback of numerous disc formats, including DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, CD, MP3 and Windows Media Audio (WMA) discs, Kodak Picture CD and JPEG image discs, and more
- Intuitive on-screen navigation and a wide range of programming, viewing and convenience functions
System Solutions Speaker Systems
- CP 65 system includes wall-mountable satellite speakers (dual 3-inch midrange drivers, 3/4-inch tweeter), center channel speaker (dual 3-inch midrange drivers, 3/4-inch tweeter) and 10-inch, 200-watt powered subwoofer
- CP 60 and CP 55 include four wall-mountable satellite speakers (3-inch midrange driver, 1/2-inch tweeter), center channel speaker (dual 3-inch midrange drivers, 3/4-inch tweeter) and 10-inch, 100-watt powered subwoofer
- A pair of optional HKS 9 and HKS 6 satellite speakers can be added to the CP 65 and the CP 60, respectively, to create a 7.1-channel home theater system
- Elegant gloss-black finish
The Harman Consumer Group (HCG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a wide range of high-fidelity loudspeakers, audio and video components, and multimedia systems for use in homes and automobiles, and with computers. The group’s brands include JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, Revel, Audioaccess and Lexicon.
HCG is a division of Harman International Industries, Incorporated. Harman International (www.harman.com) is a leading manufacturer of high-quality, high-fidelity audio products and electronic systems for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. The company’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “HAR.”
*Optional XM antenna, module and subscription to XM service required. Hardware and service sold separately. XM service not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
**Compatible with all iPod models equipped with a docking connector (iPod not included).
***The Bridge is compatible with Harman Kardon 47 Series, 46 Series, 45 Series and 40 Series receivers. Not compatible with earlier Harman Kardon products, or with other brands of audio/video equipment.Where to Buy