Xbox to tv with a 12v batery

Username: Tayler

Post Number: 1
im a 17 year old kid. my wrestling team is travleing to state and its 9 hours. we get bored so we are wondering how to power a 20 inch tv and an xbox 360 off of a 12v battery. we think we need a inverter but not sure if we can figure it out. so can you guys help?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16063
Yes you need an inverter. You need with enough amperage to power both TV and game system. So do not get cheap on the inverter.
Check the AMPS of both your TV and Xbox and make sure that the inverter you are going to buy will be able to supply that power. If not, it won't work.

Post Number: 2
i just bought a "carbon series" 750w inverter. it was $75 so im not sure if thats considered cheap but im hoping it works. the xbox "i think" runs 180-200 watts 200 at start up and 180 continuesly. im not sure about the tv though. one of my freinds told me that the battery would go dead real quick so im buying a deep cycle 12v battery also to make it last longer. so i guess what im wondering is do you think that that the inverter will be enough to power my xbox 360 and 20 inch tv for the 9 hours?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16071
That's a pretty decently rated inverter. Are you connecting it to a battery that is going to in the car or is the battery going to be standing alone?

If it is a stand alone battery, you won't be able to get any juice out of for any longer than maybe 2 hours. Even if it is a deep cycle battery.

Post Number: 3
its going to be a stand alone battery. and we were wondering what we could do so we could make it last longer then 2 hours besides hooking it up to the car.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16083
If it is a stand alone battery, there really is nothing much you can do to make it last longer. it's just a physical limitation of any battery. If you are travelling to state, you should be able to access a car/bus with a cigarette plug for the inverter couldn't you?

Post Number: 4
No our buses plug in blew out we dont know if its just a bad fuse or if its ruined. we are trying to hide every thing from our coach because he doesnt want us to have it. thats why we have to use batteries.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16094
A bad bus plug is usually just a bad fuse. If you are trying to hide things from your coach, I doubt that you will be able to do that by using an Xbox and a huge car battery.
Be careful with that car battery if you are trying to use it...besides the weight, you really can't hide it in a backpack...you have to worry about the acid that will eat away at your stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us