Xbox wont open

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 700
my xbox wont open when i push the open button. it used to just stick some times, but play with it a little and it would open, but now it wont open. it moves a little but thats it. i have another xbox, that doesnt work, but it open. could i swap the drives? or what else could be worng?

Silver Member
Username: Chemo_regio

Monterrey, Nuevo leon Mexico

Post Number: 258
hello

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1179
You most likely can swap the drives, I think they all interchanged for all versions.

Whats wrong with the one that wont work?

-You are referring to the original xbox (not 360) correct?

Username: Gr8chickenmonkey

Florida U.S.

Post Number: 3
I think original had all same disc drives,the 360 however has different drives.if its 360,open it and find the serial and model number on the disc drive,post the model number here ,if its the one i have i will send you a spare i have,g.f. smashed it bcause of me playing too much lol,the disc drive survived though.main reason for disc drive doors doing what yours is doing is standing the game system upright,i.e. PS2,PS3,Xbox 360,Wii.Repairman told me the oil they put on disc drive for smooth operation will run off parts when it is upright.It puts the disc drive on its side,manufacturers dont count for that when they build them.looks kewl but screws them up.

Bronze Member
Username: Cyam

Post Number: 15
This is a problem we all have. Must be a design flaw and now its becoming more popular as the original xbox gets older and older. I think there are two models of original disk drives, for some reason they used 2 different drives because they had 2 different assembly sites and made it more difficult for us to swap them :P You can try to swap them out, but if it doesn't work, then you'll have to get the other model. Im not sure how to tell the difference. Its the same thing with the memory drives too...we've had a bit of trouble swapping out the memory because of the 2 different compatability styles. I may be wrong about this, but its what I've heard and what I've experienced. If anyone knows different, disregard this response. :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us