PSP2 problems!!!

Username: Carrieakasha

Post Number: 1
Hey there!
My PSP 2 worked fine till yesterday when all of a sudden it couldn't read the UMD disc anymore. I turned it off and back on but on the start menu, the UMD logo didn't display, just like if there was no disc.
Can anyone help!!!

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 812
Busted !

Post Number: 2
And? That's it? isn't there a way to fix it? i didn't have time to take it to the Sony shop :-(

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 813
I wouldn't recommend opening the PSP yourself, you can cause more damage then you hoped for and plus if you realize once your into it, that you can't fix it, Sony will not fix it. You don't have to take it to a Sony shop, call Sony. I had a problem with my ps2 and they fixed it for free( less S&H) and my ps2 was 3 yrs old. So give them a call and state your problem, it won't take much time.

Bronze Member
Username: Seanpenn

Post Number: 14
Hm... might be a bad UMD disk, try a different disk. I had a disk that stopped working before

Post Number: 3
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=8880&post=895892#POST895892
JC >>>>
I'm not planning at all to open it myself :-) I'll give Sony a call and see what they can't do. I have no garantee papers unfortunately but i really hope they can fix it!

Post Number: 4
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=8880&post=896229#POST896229
Hey Sean;
I tried other UMD's and they didn't work either! :-( So i'm quite sure the problem comes from the lense!

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 978
It is possible to fix it, but you need a lot of patience, hand hability and a good how to guide...I have fixed my PSP 1 or 2 times...

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 979
Obviously you will need to have the spare parts you will need, that's a difficult part...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us