Not able to put applicable games into progressive mode w/ HDTV

Username: Kona1611

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I have been searching through messages and have not found any satisfactory answer, so here goes: I have a new Toshiba 52HM95 HDTV (with 2 sets of component inputs among others). I have the newest model of the PS2 (50001). I have the PS2 component cables (MadKatz brand...no one ever has the Sony brand in stock).

Anyway, with that I was finally able to watch DVD's in progressive scan (after finally learning you have to PLAY the DVD then STOP it to change to progressive). However, I have two games that state in their manuals they support progressive scan: SSX: On Tour and FIFA Soccer 06.

SSX: On Tour manual describes one of the submenus in the configuration of the game where you are supposed to do the Triangle/X trick. Tried multiple times, nothing changes nor states in the game that it has gone into progressive mode.

FIFA Soccer 06 manual describes that to get in progressive mode, go to the language select menu, hold the Triangle/X down and progressive mode should appear. I have not been able to get that to work either.

I have tried both games with holding the Triangle/X down as the game boots up.. pressing down and letting off the buttons at various times: Sony splash screen, game splash screen, etc, to no avail. (Yes the PS2 is set up with the Y/whatever component cables.. again, as DVDs show in progressive).

Any ideas? Thanks.

BTW: Do any of these support progressive mode? (my other games): Tony Hawk 4, Tony Hawk THUG2, Star Wars Battlefront II, Hot Shots Golf 4, Nascar 2006, Time Splitters Future Perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 499
cant u c the difference in the picture quality.......i was palyin SOCOM and it has the option of progrssive mode, and i think i c a difference in it but im not really sure.....but because we both have an HDTV it may already put a picture of the game that's just as good without the game being put in progressive.......meaning (in my opinion) that that option may have been put on the game for non HD non flatscreen t.v.'s that r still component....get it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us