Xbox freezes during dvd

Username: Hardcorehehaw

Post Number: 1
I have a xbox with the samsung drive. During certain dvd's it will randomly freeze, sometimes for a second sometimes longer and then continue.

I'm using burned dvd-r's and the quality of the disc i just watched was like 80-90 percent.
The disc was also brand new, no scratches or finger prints.
Should i buy one of those dvd cleaning kits or is this just something i have to live with since i'm burning dvds?

Also when i play cartoons like Family guy or Futurama it looks all jittery whenever there is fast movement on the screen, like it's lagging. Usually on those the quality is around 50-60 percent. Is that normal?

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 271
"I'm using burned dvd-r's and the quality of the disc i just watched was like 80-90 percent.
The disc was also brand new, no scratches or finger prints.
Should i buy one of those dvd cleaning kits or is this just something i have to live with since i'm burning dvds?"

Does this problem manifest itself with original press-replicated DVDs?

Plus, try different recordable discs and use the one that works best. You may also wish to write your discs at slower speeds.

"Also when i play cartoons like Family guy or Futurama it looks all jittery whenever there is fast movement on the screen, like it's lagging. Usually on those the quality is around 50-60 percent. Is that normal?"

A lot of compression will cause various kinds of artifacting such as macroblocking. It may be possible that you are trying to copy an entire RSDL (dual layer) disc over to a single layer recordable DVD. To put that much data into such a disc, you'd need to use a lot of compression.

I'd say that you are copying the DVDs in question using heavier than normal compression, which will cause some quality issues like you've described. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us