Xbox to vcr to old tv?

Username: Guitrman32

Post Number: 1
Ok so I just moved out and all I have is a old tv (without AV inputs) and a vcr, and Xbox (with the Av Cables). Is there anyway to hook this up? I tried but I think I did it the wrong way. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 184
Connect the VCR to the TV via the 75 ohm VHF coaxial cable. ANT OUT/VHF OUT on the VCR to ANT IN/VHF IN on the TV.

This is assuming you don't have a REAL ancient TV that uses 300 ohm connections for VHF, but that's so old that it's not likely in your case.

Anyways, after hooking the VCR to the television, and if the VCR is stereo, hook the X-Box's yellow plug (video) to the yellow port, typically labeled "VIDEO IN," on the back of the VCR. Then, connect the white plug (left audio channel) to the white port on the back of the VCR labeled "LEFT IN" or similar. Then, connect the red plug (right audio channel) to the red port on the back of the VCR labeled "RIGHT IN" or similar.

If your VCR is mono, it will only have a white port instead of white and red ports. Just connect the white audio cable to the audio input and go into the X-Box settings and set the audio to MONO.

Remember: cables to the INPUTS, not the OUTPUTS, on the VCR. Check the connection labeling on the rear of the VCR. - Reinhart

Username: Guitrman32

Post Number: 2
Thnx man it worked.

Unregistered guest
ok so i was looking online how to hook up a vcr and an xbox and i found this site i may be a girl but i thought i knew what i was doing and i was right lol but anywho i hooked it up just like that and theres a blue screen i see the game a little bit in the back but its blue i have the back of teh vcr on 3 the tvs on 3 all taht good stuff but i still cant get it to work anyone wanna help me out here please....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us