I just had an idea for xbox

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3672
Since I dont have a dolby digital decoder in my home reciever and just dolby prologic couldnt i get the optical cable and send the digital decoding out from the sound card in the computer into the home reciever for two channel mode standard stereo setting and turn it into a true digital 2 channel stereo reciever? (any thoughts) I mean a dolby digital sound card is only 15 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3673
opps i meant to change the title and forgot

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1230
go for it

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 102
Let me get this straight (and my apologies if this sounds rather harsh as this is most definitely not the intention).

You want to feed a Dolby Digital signal from your X-Box to your computer sound card and than reroute the analogue feed as a 2-channel signal over to your receiver?

Why bother? The decoder in the sound card is likely a mediocre performer, especially if the card is only worth 15 bucks. A cheap sound card is likely going to use CPU resources in your computer to deal with the decoding through software since a cheap sound card will likely not have hardware based DSP to do this chore by itself.

I don't see how you could get any kind of performance gain from this.

Just keep it simple and stick with the analogue 2 channel feed from your X-Box to your receiver and enjoy your gaming in Dolby Pro Logic this way until you are able to buy a receiver with a digital surround decoder to directly hook your X-Box to. - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1448
hes just being creative

Dark Dragon
Unregistered guest
True!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help