Post Number: 384
Which 1 do u think's better?

Bronze Member
Username: Rozgriz_3

Post Number: 46
DS.

nout
Unregistered guest
PSP...although I'm a big Nintendo fan. PSP has better graphics, looks and control. (and I already have Mario 64 for the N64)
I won't buy either, I'm perfectly happy with my Gamecube, N64 and PS2 (with 1 game only: ICO)

Silver Member
Username: Jakdaxtersgirl

USA

Post Number: 389
I had 2 start a thread in PSP thread 'cause they deleted it....I don't know

Gold Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 1047
ya...i want a psp and can u use regular ps2 games for the psp

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 399
$249.99 for the PsP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1062
dang mkore than the ps2

Username: Stars

Post Number: 1
I think I like the PSP but it's expensive but the DS is cheaper, I like both.

Silver Member
Username: Eskimo3

Post Number: 797
I'm probably going to get a PSP in a month or so when the price goes WAY down...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1233
ya go chris me 2...if i get the money

Silver Member
Username: Eskimo3

Post Number: 851
Admin's deleting all MY posts. STRIKE!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1247
im me k at Paintballarcher i have aol 2

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 69
I'd go for both

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
PLEASE!!! i am soo bored

Unregistered guest
PsP is much better, DS disapointed me alot. Better graphics, u can watch movies. I had DS but traded it in for PsP, smartest move. Gess u can say its the next version of an ipod.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1275
ya..i agree...you can use it as a mp3,ps2,and a dvd

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
o....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
hmmm...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i dont kno....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
hey chris ur on but i cant im u...so im me

william james
Unregistered guest
psp smell of C@R@A@P!!

william james
Unregistered guest
psp is a hairy goats foreskin!!

william james
Unregistered guest
psp is a hairy goats foreskin!!

william james
Unregistered guest
i luv ur mum!! not a psp uuugh!

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 100
Dude, what's wrong with the psp!? Although I am a Nintendo fan I still think the psp is kind of cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1303
i think its better than the ds cause on the psp u can play psp,movies,and mp3...know tell me wut can the ds do...o ya u can play other peeps anywhere just like the ds

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
k

Ryumeka
Unregistered guest
The DS can play movies and music soon (The Play-Yan). The catridge is small and can log into a computer and directly download files (just like the PSP), yet the PSP drains alot of power when playing films, music and downloading. The DS stays at a steady power and when playing music, just shut the lid and it still plays. That's up to 12 hours of music!

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
oh wow, thanks 4 the info

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
Thats in the future!...not now the FUTURE...and just cause they say it wont use up that much energy doesnt mean its true

Unregistered guest
How do you do the elegal hack to allow you web acces s. and wat do you think i should buy the ps2 or the psp its a really tough decision for me o and can you hook up more controllers to your psp and then hook your psp to your television and play. thats all, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 914
"ya...i want a psp and can u use regular ps2 games for the psp"

Dude where did you here that? From what I know you can only use specially made for PSP games. Do you know that PSP games are smaller to right? How do you figure you can even fit a ps2 game in a psp.

maybe you know something that i don't? lol, I doubt it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
It's been a LONG time since I've been 2 Ecoustics but I guess Eskimo3 & British Power r long gone.....:-( No 1 my age 2 talk 2 or 2 discuss games & stuff....but I don't kno....DS or PSP

Anonymous

i think ds suck i got one three weeks ago and could not believe the block graphics arghh!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1323
im not long gone just havent been on

JOsh couSins
Unregistered guest
I think psp is way better. i have one and all the games on it are like 10 times better than the games on ds the graphics are 10 times better and its got an analog. so what it doesnt ahve a touch screen, it doesnt need one. you can hook it up to a ps2 soon ps3 computer mp3 play pretty much anything electronic. psp rules ds drools.

JOsh couSins
Unregistered guest
I think psp is way better. i have one and all the games on it are like 10 times better than the games on ds the graphics are 10 times better and its got an analog. so what it doesnt ahve a touch screen, it doesnt need one. you can hook it up to a ps2 soon ps3 computer mp3 play pretty much anything electronic. psp rules ds drools.

JOsh couSins
Unregistered guest

grg
Unregistered guest
screw the ds psp kills every portable game playing console ever out it even beats down the graphics for the upcoming gizmondo and its the best dvd player and it has better games and graphics and everything else i can say so yeah ds gets berried and all other contenders will be left in the dust so dont compete with the psp my friends u r just wasting your time. ok ROCK ON!!!

pspwipeout
Unregistered guest
i got a ds finking that a psp would b a waste of money seen as i have a ps2

DAM i was wrong lol

I wish i had the money ow to get a psp and gta liberty citie stories

The only thing is i have a mp3 playa and a pc and ps2
so should i spend da money on summin i alredy have??

pspwipeout
Unregistered guest
i got a ds finking that a psp would b a waste of money seen as i have a ps2

DAM i was wrong lol

I wish i had the money ow to get a psp and gta liberty citie stories

The only thing is i have a mp3 playa and a pc and ps2
so should i spend da money on summin i alredy have??

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 167
psp all the way

andykkk94:-)
Unregistered guest
PSP is the best and the DS can go to h.e.l.l.!
the graphics are wat im looking for and ive found it! the PsP is the right choice to make because you dont have to spend extra money on buying a mp3 or a dvd player but if you have those then who cares! the psp is by far the best portable gaming and media device to walk the earth.

andykkk94:-)
Unregistered guest
and just to tell all of ya, im younger than all of you!(6)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 274
dude im like 2

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 275

Unregistered guest
The PSP is 10x better and $250 is cheap for what u get. First u have the MP3 player which bieng no internal memory is worth about $80 than u have the MP4 (video) player which cost about $175 minimum than u have the wireless internet browser now the only thing to get that in is a laptop and a good laptop is $1000+, than u still have the gaming portion of it lets put that at the same price as a DS because they came out at the same time so that is $150, last of all it also has a photo veiwer. Now look at all those numbers packed into one small simple unit that spells a cheap compact quality piece of equipment.

Unregistered guest
The PSP is 10x better and $250 is cheap for what u get. First u have the MP3 player which bieng no internal memory is worth about $80 than u have the MP4 (video) player which cost about $175 minimum than u have the wireless internet browser now the only thing to get that in is a laptop and a good laptop is $1000+, than u still have the gaming portion of it lets put that at the same price as a DS because they came out at the same time so that is $150, last of all it also has a photo veiwer. Now look at all those numbers packed into one small simple unit that spells a cheap compact quality piece of equipment.

Anonymous

DS is the best. It is obviously...
Why? Well I have a PSP, and remember to get to wireless web brouser u have to be in a 'hotspot' or a wireless access point. The latter YOU have to pay for, and the first, there is only one hotspot in the UK and it's in Brighton right now. And, it saves money, now a 512mb MP3 is about £60, plus £100 for DS and Nintendogs (which rules the planet BTW), so £160. plus, when the movie player comes out, for about £20 it comes to £180. So they're equal in price vs compatibility, so what will win it? I've never been a big nintendo fan, but theres a magic about it, the nintendo touch, plus battery wise way better

My decision: if u dont have an MP3, and arent a big games player, get a PSP

If u like nintendo games, and/or r on a small budget, and u r a PROPER gamer (i.e. one who plays for more than 5 hrs a day, e.g me) buy a DS. Thank u.

Anonymous

This was the last guy. I dont have a PSP, i have a DS soz

rhfdoafod
Unregistered guest
whaha, I see that some people don't know what they are talking about:

'I think psp is way better. i have one and all the games on it are like 10 times better than the games on ds the graphics are 10 times better and its got an analog. so what it doesnt ahve a touch screen, it doesnt need one. you can hook it up to a ps2 soon ps3 computer mp3 play pretty much anything electronic. psp rules ds drools.'

I have checked it out, and they only reason to buy a PSP is for GTA, and the DS has stuff like Tony hawk, Super mario 64, mario kart ds, metroid hunters coming, and so I can continue..and the ds is backwards compatible with GBA games, and it will be compatible with the revolution. and with playan it can play movies and music, and you can watch photo's too. and it has FREE online play, you will have to pay for that when you have a psp.

next coming up..

rhfdoafod
Unregistered guest
'PSP is the best and the DS can go to h.e.l.l.!
the graphics are wat im looking for and ive found it! the PsP is the right choice to make because you dont have to spend extra money on buying a mp3 or a dvd player but if you have those then who cares! the psp is by far the best portable gaming and media device to walk the earth.'

damn you're so wrong lol! you DO spend more money on dvd and mp3 whahahah!! if you buy the ds with playyan, you pay like 180,- and if you buy a psp, it's a standard 250,- so you will pay 70,- more! and the PSP games are like 15,- to 20,- more as ds games, you will always spend more money!! open up your eyes man, you're getting robbed to easily!!

rhfdoafod
Unregistered guest
'The PSP is 10x better and $250 is cheap for what u get. First u have the MP3 player which bieng no internal memory is worth about $80 than u have the MP4 (video) player which cost about $175 minimum than u have the wireless internet browser now the only thing to get that in is a laptop and a good laptop is $1000+, than u still have the gaming portion of it lets put that at the same price as a DS because they came out at the same time so that is $150, last of all it also has a photo veiwer. Now look at all those numbers packed into one small simple unit that spells a cheap compact quality piece of equipment.'

yeah, so much to do, but it supposed to become a portable gaming device.. to bad they couldnt do that! it's a multimediadevice, the gaming is just an extra here.. and I can't see any good games coming, except for GTA.. I have a ds and psp, so I know what I'm talking about.. I hope this is gonna change soon, or else I will sell it, I also have a lot of dead pixels, and those fukkers won't help me!! so for me it's over with sony, I will stick to nintendo and microsoft, who CARE for their customers

rhfdoafod
Unregistered guest
well, my conclusion is that psp has to go down in price, and sony really has to come with something new in the world of gaming, because it's all been discovered already. Nintendo is doing a good job with the ds, really inovative, and really new, but seriously, stop kidding and give us more mature games please. that means NO HAMTARO OR CRAP LIKE THAT!! that's all you miss on the moment.

I thank everyone for their time..

poo mouth,
Unregistered guest
DS sucks dike, i was very dissapointed with it
PSP is very cool.

-u cannot play dvd's on it just UMD's but there are plenty out now

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2500
sure, whatever u say.lol

JUMPA
Unregistered guest
soz 2 say but i fink the psp is an overpriced peice of sh*t!! on da ds wen u pause u cn close da screen and the game still plays unlike the psp dat only plays 4 about 3 hours!!

london boi danny
Unregistered guest
yo, iv got a psp and its propa sickhead innit. its bare gd and if you get a ds then you are a bit doolally. GET A PSP WITH GTA:LCS AND NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Reger
Unregistered guest
are people KIDDING me?!?!
how can someone saw that ds is even close to being as good as psp
ds sucks the games arent as good the graphics there is no web broswer
no movies
no pictures
no music
i mean why get even get one of thhose other than the fact that it has mario kart which is a sweet game
i mean if ur trying to decide between the two, the psp outweighs ds by 100 to 1

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4784
QUICK QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which do ppl prefer - Coke or Pepsi ???????

its just like the responses above in this thread -lol .............

Joe R
Unregistered guest
the diffrence between coke and pepsi is soo small that u can barely taste it
the diffrence between psp and ds is HUGE
DS doesnt even come close to PSP
PSP is sooo much better
all in all.... DS SUCKS!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4819
Just don't let those nintendo fans find out where u live or they will give u this Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4300
lol^^

Nintendo all the way
Unregistered guest
I can taste the difference between pepsi and coke. Pepsi is smoother and has one ingrediant difference, but I can't remember it. And for DS vs. PSP here's a little reminder...

PSP good - MP4, PS2 like games, graphics n sound, wireless internet, console compatibility, computer compatibility, many settings

PSP bad - far too expensive, money hungry company, delicate screen that scratches, hard to see in dark

DS good - very stylish, many buttons, touch screen, can pick up sound, GBA backword compatibility, rumours on rev compatibilty and other stuff, rechargable, dual screen, free download play, pito chat, many settings, small cartridges, free online play

DS bad - poor graphics, and that's it.

Now I don't have a PSP but I've seen them and played on one. It is brilliant I know, but you can't just say the DS is bad when you don't know what it can do. Your probably the same people that think a PS2 is better than an NGC which is completely stupid. Game Cubes are better than PS2's in so many ways, and the Revolution will be better than the PS3 like the N64 was better than the PS1. When will Play Station fans understand that Nintendo is better than Sony. And don't even get me started on Microsoft (AKA extreme Sony).

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4528
how is a gaycube better than a ps2 (no offense)

Username: 24freakmeg

Jonesboro, Georgia USA

Ok, I have both and the PSP is way better. The touch screen is not really that great of a feature. The graphics are way better on PSP too.

Unregistered guest
ok i like psp way better cuz have u played mario 64 its hard to walk around i mean u walf right off th edge and if gaycube was better who made more money nintendo or sony ummm lets see ummmm sony derr im psp all the way

NFSMW
Unregistered guest
I have both and I like both, I mean the DS is cool to play in your house, but if you're going on a trip, its all PSP baby. Sooooo, technically,...I can't decide......XBOX 360 rules!!!

NFSMW
Unregistered guest
...and so does PS3!!

NFSMW
Unregistered guest
...and so do I !!!!!

Anonymous

U SUCK !!! ^^^^^

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5280
hmmmmm Burger!!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5600
Donuts! They have no decent donuts in South Korea!!! I miss Krispy Kreme!

Gaara42
Unregistered guest
'ok i like psp way better cuz have u played mario 64 its hard to walk around i mean u walf right off th edge and if gaycube was better who made more money nintendo or sony ummm lets see ummmm sony derr im psp all the way'

Sorry kid but your a complete retard. Nintendo makes way more profit off of its systems than Sony does, search it and you will find many articles supporting this claim, such as this:
http://www.buzzcut.com/article.php?story=2005053122342247
Thank you and please research before you make a claim.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5939
nice^^^

Username: On3inf3ct3d

LeicesterEngland

Ive been reading through these and I'm going to set the record straight. From the offset, i'll tell you - Im a Nintendo guy. Here we go.

Which system is better? DS or PSP.

As far as as I can gather from your treasured PSP, the advantages are, bright screen, better graphics, portable multimedia. Sounds to be a more impressive bit of kit, then why is the Ds doing so well?

Well i'll tell you. Cosmetic appeal lasts for maybe a week or so, and is designed as fashion statement of style and nothing else. The reason Ipods did so well is because they took an existing area of technology and improved upon its foundations. However, they sell to millions of people world wide, and to be perfectly honest, a good portion of the people that own an Ipod do so because they are easily impressionable consumerists. Many of which have little, or poor taste in music.

The Psp is a system, which despite the hype has been designed not for hardcore gamers, but for gamers that will buy pretty much anything. Coniseur or not. The same can be said with the playstation. These people are driven by eye candy and take the words of the advertisers and media as gospel. Buying a PSP might give your friends something to talk about, but not your friends who truly like games, because they are all playing their DS. Why?

Because Nintendo games ensure quality. They operate on a completely different level of sophistication. Can I just point out that most games that are worth owning that come out for the Xbox or playstation also come out on the Gamecube. Its just that the owners of the cube tend not to bother with them. Yes they are nintendo fanboys, but with good reason. You cant just have a go on a NIntendo game and really enjoy it. Sure, they are perfectly designed to be picked up and played by anyone. but a true nintendo game is orientated around the skill level you can reach whilst playing it. Playing smash brothers is fun no matter what level you are. Mario kart is easy for anyone to pick up. Butbecoming a Jedi on it, that is an entirely different thing. The fan boys have been forced to stay in small groups, while the masses consume, but they have never been bothered. They're too busy playing classic games then to be bothered about mario rip off 6, or Zelda wanabe 10 on your playstation. But now are the days of online gaming. Where the people that play these games, (most of whom have been playing since the beginning) have waited for a day when in true Last starfighter fashion they can prove their worth against the whole world. And when something like that comes together, the consumerists will have no choice but to feel the buzz.

Then what will be *cool* will be the nintendo system. With the DS lite looming, Nintendo know that they have to begin to appeal to impressionable gamers to win over even more of Sonys crowd. The sony players are not generally loyal, they will buy anything. The fact is, that when they do make the leap to nintendo - they will probably discover that they actually do like games and have something to play on about.

With the revolution on the horizon, the future of computer games is uncomprehendable. My advice is if your going to play grand theft auto, play it on your playstation 2, or Xbox, or better yet PC. Even grand theft auto is not as impressive as it was back in the day, and that surely cant be the PSPs saving grace.

Nobody seemed to mind the technology lacking in the ps2 compared to xbox, the DS might not have the looks, but blowing bubbles to your virtual dog is still mind blowing. Nintendo at the moment are extemely smug, and they have every reason to be. Expect a big change, because even if nintendo do sell out and get eminem to rap over a multicoloured backdrop to sell their new machines, fundementally the gameplay will still be there. Long live nintendo.

Bronze Member
Username: Le74nguyen

Perris, Ca Usa

Post Number: 85
you ARE a nintendo fan

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 2
Im a "quality" fan.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Da 3-5-2The one that...

Post Number: 2854
testing

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6675

Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 4
PSP, hands down. I thought about a DS for a while, but it doesn't have the features I was looking for. I liked the thought of having music and videos with the PSP and Games. Also the wireless gaming and internet is a definate thumbs up.

Also, for a side note, touch screens are iffy. From what I've seen they scratch really easily.

Lastly, one of the only problems with the PSP would be the price of games, and it gets really "Smeary" if you don't clean it regularly.

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 3
rick ross your no threat and thick as pig s***.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 55
psp cause now they have an adapter that allows u 2 watch movies on a big tv though the rca wires..

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10129
But what is the point of that?

People who buy the PSP usually already have a DVD player. Let's face it, if you can afford a PSP, you can afford a DVD player. My kids have the PSP and they prefer the DVD movies...better resolution, better sound, better everything. The PSP is just an expensive toy.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 58
well... shoot..

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 42
I will go for the PsP, I have enjoyed the Nintendo Line of games but recently has seemed to become less and less towards quality games, more remakes of games than anything. The same could be said of Sony to an extent, but one thing you must remember is that this is Sony's first main handheld (With the technical exception of the PocketStation), while nintendo has had an ongoing series.

I have enjoyed the nintendo series since I was younger and have had several systems (The orignal Game Boy, The GameBoy Color, and Currently the Game Boy SP). Nintendo sent out several models before the DS with small improvements, either in portablity, or screen/color quality. But their games tended to get repetitive or just games with improvements, one example of a gaming series like this would be the Pokemon series.

I now have a PSP, I considered the DS but thought the selection was more geared toward younger ppl. While the older series games became avileble for the first time, I wasn't too impressed, a remake of Zelda for Gameboy wasn't exactly as impressive to me as the new Twisted Metal game for PSP.

Some of the Pros of a Gameboy DS would be:
1. Reliablity
2. Durablity
3. Backwards Compatablity from systems
4. Battery Life (6-10 hours average, depending on Backlit Screen)

Cons:
1. Backlit Screen (Drains Battery Life and is almost nessesary all the time for game play without difficulty
2. Games more geared toward younger players
3. Limited Internet Connectivity (If still relieing on the Wi-Fi USB transmitter)
4. Unable to Play MP3/WMA (can play music only with Play Yan Accessory and memory card)
5. Bulky
6. Touch Screen may have problems during gameplay, and may scratch
7. limited amount of accessorys compared to PSP

PSP Pros
1. Superior Graphics
2. MP3/WMA/and many more
3. Images such as pics and backgrounds easily transferable
4. Video (UMD and Downloaded)
5. Easy Internet option that pics up secure and unsecure signals and now with Flash!
6. Popular Game series that were specialy made for PSP.
7. Numerous Accesories
8. 4.3 in screen, I have never seen anyone scratch these screens, unless intentionally TRYING to
9. Sleek design

Cons:
1. Due to materials used, it gets smudgy after repetitive use
2. Battery life isn't the greatest (Several accesories have helped the battery life and added features to the PSP, the Nyco Theator system for EX.)
3. UMD's seem to be going out of style
4. Earlier models had screen problems, most have been corrected
5. Memory Cards: Prices have been going down though, depending on size

I have the PSP and it seemed ify at first, but I would DEFINATLY recommend it, it seems a bit awkward at first, but the numerous features and games definatly make it worth the price. Memory cards are still pricy, but the price has dropped dramatically since I last bouth one. I never was entirely impressed with the DS or the lite DS, nor the game selection.

I will support the PSP, and I know ppl will have critizisms toward this, but for as many consoules Nintendo has made, the DS seemed kinda like a let down compared to other additions they could have made with the system.

LeicesterEngland

Finally somebody I can respect from the other fence. Respect, but still I am in utter dissagreement. You have obviously made your choice and I am not interested in patronizing you. Everything that you said did leave me abit speculative - you have spoke about the gameboy series right from the begining in the good old 'hand held brick' era, but you didn't give me the impression you've even played on a DS. Let me just state here that it is NOT enough to case the high street and reach conclusions based on whats on the shelves. How do I know? Because thats exactly what I did, and man was i wrong.

Perhaps you are looking at this the wrong way. This DS vs PSP war and all that. I can understand, because they are both handheld machines, but really... and I want you to take this literally. The DS is THE best console to come out for years. Its simply because its the first console to come out that really and truly celebrates "the computer game'. Please try to work out what I mean here. There have obviously been amazing games, across an entire plethora of systems, but the DS isn't just a shell for playing games, it feels like a loving present, crafted by those who care for people who care. The PSP is a games system and a good one at that, but ladies and gentleman. I OWN a 360 and I would rather play my DS purely because it a joy to play.

The internet on the DS is crap, truly it is. Its free, thats good - and its no hassle. But honestly, what do you need the net for on your DS. Are you really going to squint at a handheld screen when you can just jump on your PC. And dont give me any of that "some people cant afford the internet' because of course, your right, but since we're talking on a forum, none of those netless people have a say here.

Is it really so hard to work out why the games on a nintendo machine seem more geared toward kids.

1) When comparative companies like Sony "pass on" other people's games like their going out of business. Of the 50 games that erupt per second on the PSP, you will hear about 2 of them, and both will be extremely below par. And yes, 48 of them are also geared toward the younger market because guess what kids?
Thats where the money is.

2. It takes time for nintendo to make their games, and with a couple of decades of fans to please, they need to make their games something special. I mean f*** - is nobody else impressed. I have been playing Zelda, Mario, and Metroid games since I was spud - and Im STILL playing them. Its not f****** nostalga either. I used to kid myself that Id eventually grow out of games, I still might. But godamn it, Twilight Princess anybody - thats not a game. Its the meaning of life. How can they just get better and better. Despite the anti hype, or general lack of advertising? I want the man who knows. Somewhere, someone.. knows.

Okay, so if you really need convincing about the DS, lets not talk about the hardware. If you think that 'two screens, second screen' is a gimmick, then you just haven't actually played one. The DS is has outsold the PSP by about 5 times world wide. And as for the design of the actual system if your that pretentious.... the DS lite is far FAR sexier than the PSP.

I seriously suggest you play these games before you make a decision.

ELECTROPLANKTON if you can get your hands on it
TRAUMA CENTRE UNDER THE KNIFE
ANIMAL CROSSING
NINTENDOGS
TETRIS
MARIO 64
ADVANCEWARS DS
WARIOWARE
METROID HUNTERS
NEW SUPERMARIO BROTHERS
***MARIO KART DS- THE BEST MARIO KART GAME EVER***

Theres a few other games that are worth checking out, but these are the ones that will definatley show you what your missing.

Some of you will prefer the PSP simply because your too stupid to realize any difference. Some of you will have spent your life, trading football cards, boglins, pogs... Shaving your adolecent bum fluff at 9 to impress the girls. Partying at 6-8 disco's, drinking Un bungo and dancing to 'Saturday Night' on a Friday. You'll have quickly sailed through puberty which will always be your only achievement. You'll read your monthly GQ bible, and map out what toiletries you need to buy to make you look boy band pretty, thinking that the logo will protect you from crossing the borderline into camp. You'll be eager to enlist in the army, you'll marry your first girlfriend who is 8 years younger than you and give her 3 kids who she will be responsible for, while you spend your time smokinh hash with your equally prestigeous friends, who would sell you out for one budget flight to ibiza to listen to all your favourite music, that you lovingly remember from that one ASDA compilation album, you couldn't resist. The very same place you first layed eyes on ********* THE PORTABLE SONY PLAYSTATION *******. but youve already got a playstation.. but this one is PORTABLE!!!!!!!! Holy s*** batman, youd better sell your sub woofer to own this plastic peice of s*** or your small dicked friends will think you have a small willy. The shame. Dont worry though, you wont actually need any games. Just turn it on and love the screen. Ooooh its bright, much better than your maglight. You even consider selling your night vision goggles, but then laugh it off. How could you? Besides, your PSP is geared for music, and multimedia. And you can shove an APPLE in your big fat gob. We all hate the IPOD, because they're GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

Infact, to be honest. I think im past caring. Go and buy a PSP. I actually prefer the world filled with these people, if everyone knew better... than life would be impossible.

Knock yourself out.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 43
Now honestly.. we are not trying to say that compared to an xbox or whatever.. the main thing you gotta realize is it's portablity and features both at and AWAY from home. I personally don't like the dual screen because it is prone to dammage. I chose the PSP because I wanted internet access occasionally, enjoyed the fact of having some music while with a gaming system, watching vids, and ect. The DS just didn't have those features, and while some ppl may merely want them for gaming, myself and many others wanted something more, something to do when tired of the games.

I enjoy the PSP because it's simple to download new stuff, music vids, games, and whatever else is needed to prevent bordom. I knew why the Nintendo line was geared towards younger ppl.. but I feel they need some games geared toward players at older ages, one game I can think of BrainQuest which somewhat does just that, but is only one of a small group of games.

Personally I prefer the graphics and layout of most PSP games over DS/Gameboy games some of which, Twisted Metal, WWE Raw Vs. Smackdown, GTA, ect. I have enjoyed these on the PS2 and knew I wouldn't be let down on the PSP. Basically I just wanted a system to take on the road without having the feeling of being stuck to older games or poorer graphics.

If I wanted strictly gamming, I might have considered the DS, and if I wanted music and the rest I would have chosen a Toshiba Gigabeat (Mostly Cause I hate the Ipod and Itunes program) But I know ppl want to get as much for the $ as possible, and if that inclueded paying a bit more and getting more in the process, most ppl feel it's worth the taking. Sure.. in the long run it may be a bit more $, but with all the features you can do with it.. why not pay a bit more.

I have done more with the PSP than I could ever do with a DS...taken it to work while listening to 125 songs on a 512 memory stick on a decent kbps, watched full movies on the road, hooked it up to my car sterio, ect... It's like a small Ipod and gaming system combined... it was ment for multi media purposes and that's what mostly everyone uses it for.. not just gaming.

If you want gaming.. fine chose the DS.. but if you want more from a system than just gamming, chose the PSP

Bronze Member
Username: Brettnickle

Post Number: 33
greg allen u suck

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 5
lol based on what? i dont have much faith in your ability to psychoanalyze.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

oh and buy the way,Bmage knows the score.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 44
Ok.. honestly guys.. replying with "Greg Allen u suck" doesn't really help with the debate with the DS and PSP.

If you are gonna reply.. make a somewhat intelectual statement on your opinion on the topic at hand.. and not just shouting random cr@p on the forum.

And Greg.. even though we are on opposing sides of this issue.. keep giving the excelent info and keeping the topic alive.

Peace Out PPL

Bronze Member
Username: Austin19

Enola, Pennsylvania America

Post Number: 20
Ok i have both the psp and the ds and i can honestly say the psp is better.The graphics are sensational for a handheld compared to the sketchy graphics of the ds. The gameplay is smooth on the psp to. When i bought madden 06 for the ds i was excited cuz i thought i was gettin a game with great graphics that i could take anywhere....when in reality all i got was a game that looked like shi.t had terrible game play and was just an all around dissapointment. Sure the ds has wireless communication but only up 2 like 60 feet or somethin. So compare being able to communicate with your friends when you could could just walk over and talk to them to having a dvd player mp3 player and a ps2 in the palms of your hands. Overall it really is a way better idea to spend your money on a handheld that GIVES you your moneys worth. Which would be the psp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
there i gave my opinion on this topic... Greg allen u suck balls

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 686
PSP Hands down, nintendo can produce maybe 4 quality games in the life span of its systems. The system is a clunky loaf of bread and they realized that by coming out with a smaller version. Not only does the PSP have much better graphics but the selection of games is geard towards adults, now if you enjoy your Nintendo dogs and cats then by all means go for it the PSP has so much more to offer, the internet is big bonus in my book. I'll admit when it first came out and I saw the price I was skeptical but recentley with the price drop and another one coming I would definetley say its worth it over the DS.

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 6
bla bla bla. throw away your money. I'll tell you why Sony sucks, just the same as Sega sucked a55 back in the 90s. Its the sheer gaming attitudes. Its not like Nintendo "fanboys" stick to Nintendo. If that were true then every ninkids collection would be nothing but Mario Zelda, Metroid. And although that would be the better option (for those in the know) most people still own their Fifa 2012, Need For Speed, Tony Hawkes, WWF kick in the bollocks and on and so forth. They come out for EVERYTHING. What dont you get on a Nintendo system? Grand Theft Auto. And yeah yeah, for those pedantic enough to write me a list Im sure there are a plethora of games that didn't come out for the Gamecube - but shove them up your A***. Its Grand Theft Auto job done. That is the extent of your adult games. Do you think that people who own Gamecubes haven't seen Scarface by default? QUALITY GAMES. Thats what this is about here. DS or PSP might be the topic headline here. But the same people who are plugging sony, are the same people who plugged Sega so many years ago. Do you not realize that Nintendo IS games. Every good idea that ever came out is a Nintendo idea. It happened on a Nintendo console first. I'll watch Nintendo guys happily pick up a sony controller, pi5s about with it for abit.... moan abit about the controller mind you, being the clunky sh**bag design it is, but we're happy. Cus we've played the games thousands of times before, on our NINTENDOS. Will the sony/sega guys pick up Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Starfox, Kirby, Fzero, Mario kart, soccer, tennis, golf, sunshine. WILL THEY BOLL0CKS. Why? Cus they're for kiiiiiiiids. How Fkin quaint of you. Let me tell you, that the playstation 2 graphics were poor. Dire infact. 90% of the games that came out for it. (and bare in mind that 30 games happened a day) were crap. AS REVIEWED BY YOUR OWN CRITICS. AND a large percentage of those games were strictly aimed at kids. And not mario "kids", you had everything from buttonmoon to boobah. The DS isn't trying to be a microwave, or a radio, or an electric toothbrush, it wont rub your wifes feet, and it wont remember to feed the fish. It is simply, the best damn portable gaming device ever created. If thats not what your looking for, then flick through your argos catalogue and find something a little more suitable. DECEMBER 8TH, is going to WII on your chips. But by then, a good portion of you will be well on the way to changing into your winter personalities and you might actually forget any of the arguments you typed in here. Whatever happens, I sincerely hope you all enjoy the future of gaming as much as I wiill.

Now F*** O**

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 7
and b mage. you know we'll be rumbling it out on smash brothers in the comin months mans. Peace.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ummmm greg allen I read about half your post and got bored, but from what i did read it sounded like you made fun of sega and compared it to the ps2. So let me start by sayin your a dumb azz. For real how the hell can you compare sega to playstation...sure sega was geat during it's time but the topic isn't about sega and grand theft auto is it. Just the fact that you even wrote that much tells me your the biggest douche bag on the net. You seem like an uptight pu ssy who would get mad if his best friend called him gayy. So your still a ball sucker, and the psp is still the best.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 555
greg allen u suck

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 8
have you SEEN this abuse im taking?? lol I must have really took the jam out of somebodys dohnut here. Well lets kill some time and highlight some facts shall we? You kids are aware that us Adults deal with facts yes? Okie dokie. If you read half a post, then you probably miss the overall jist of the matter. And im suprised you got bored Austin. Well I suppose I'll just have to do better to entertain you..................................................................... I must say I was GRIPPED by your masterful writing skills. Please enlighten me, tutor me with your eternal wisdom. Secondly, I NEVER compared a Sega to a Playstation. I compared the narrow-mindedness of one generation of games players to another - it tickles that you actually prove me right with every bit of gold you spit. There is a LOT of people on the net, and your telling me Im the biggest douche bag. What an achievement, seriously. Now theres two things about myself that are bigger than you. Pu55y? If your that curious, come and find out i'll break your neck. And lastly, I have too many friends, and they all think they are my best. Everyone is gaay these days, theres no point is swimming up hill. But understand that is a product of pollitical correctness, which is a recent thing AND pin points you as the young, spotty, emo listening dork i thought you were.

You an Rick Ross should stop the foreplay and get romantic.

NOW

f*** o**

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 224
As far as I see it, a console can only be as good or as bad as its games, and that's why I think the DS is marginally better, game for game, at the moment. Sure, both currently have a pretty sh!thouse range, but there is the odd gem, like liberty city stories, or the new mario, or whatever, and I think Nintendo's odd gems are more frequent than Sony's.

Just my $0.02 :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Wow greg allen you must be an adult. "okie dokie" i think i've heard my grandma say that a couple of times. Oh yea and i'm in the top 5 percent of writers in th state of PA so you don't really know what your talkin about there. As for you breakin my neck....well you would end up in prison for murder, and all of your cell mates would call you a puss.y because u beat up a 15 teen year old...wow good job that makes u a real man.:-) ...And just the fact that u wrote this sentence proves you really are gayy "it tickles me that you actually prove me right with every bit of gold you spit." WIth every little gold i split..... "I have too many friends, and they all think they are my best." this also kinda says that you proly have no friends if you feel the need to try and convince a young, spotting, emo listening dork as u put it. Soooooo greg allen i am proud to announce to u that you have won the gayyest douche bag on the net award and i hope u plan to keep your title in the years to come. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
So all of us have our own opinions lets just leave it at that.

Greg Allens gayy

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 9
lol your a funny guy...

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
greg allen is gayy

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 10
awwwwww did you miss me ricky? well i didn't really miss you, thing is, you really are a bit of a sad dork arnt you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
yea i missed your gayy posts because your gayy

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 45
Hard to believe this topic is still alive after being inactive for so long. Still gonna go with PSP, although the FF5 game that just came out looks sweet for DS. But then again.. the new GTA Vice City Stories looks ok. (Never liked Vice City and I think it looks promising)

I'll still go with what I've said, I don't like the touch screen and although it gives you more alternative gameplay it still has the likely hood to scrach the pad. Personally.. with the SP (not the one with brighter screen) I was happy.. but then Nintendo just kept pushing their older councles with new skins. (AKA Gameboy Micro)

If Nintendo would stop with all the small improvements and actually make a contribution toward a new, and improved system... instead of all the small alterations to current systems... they could do well. If you compaired to what nintendo is doing to sony.. it would be like this.

"New PSP... brighter screen, smaller design, lighter, now available in numerous colors besides black / white, new user interface, new playback / shuffle feature for music, ect." You see what I'm getting at... for as long as the PSP has been around, there have been very few marketing gimics like those found from nintendo every few years. No one really cares about the imperfections of the first console Sony really releaced, if sony were to make another one.. do you think it would sell better as "Improved" or just make a new design or make it better than the first while giving it unique characteristics that make it different.

Basically I'll still go with PSP, despite some of the FF series games available on DS... and wario ware. The DS is more aimed toward younger ages as stated above, and while games like Mario and FF5 are fine, I would still rather play Liberty City stories or Twisted metal and download DvD's onto my memory stick for future viewing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
LOL I'm glad this topic is still here. I had a lot of fun listening to greg allen talk about how many friends he has and how they worship him as if he were the king of england lol greg allen is a douchebag PSP all the way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
but seriously psp is better i already said that and its still true. Bmage was completely right. The screens great, it's more fun, the graphics are better thatn the ds, and they came out with lighter ones in diff. colors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
yea thats true and greg allen is still gayy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Greg Allen its a new year and your still Quee.r as a 3 dollar bill LOL

Username: Sigy4ever

..., ... ...

dude if you want to listan to music and read texts and vidios then buy an R4 Slot 1 card and if u wanna browse then buy a NDS Lite Browser and i got a PSP it isnt really all that great + the screen frosted over in a week i dont know how cus it was in its case so i preffere the DS over the PSP
and the Wii is the cheapest next gen and it has the most Features

Username: Meekgeek

Mesa, AZ

I think the PSP is definitely a better choice, especially if you're an adult gamer as opposed to a child gamer. Other than gaming, the PSP allows you to listen to music and watch movies. Also if you have a PS3 then you can connect your PSP to your system to remotely watch or listen to anything on your console from any wifi spot. Also if you have any PS1 games in your console you can play it remotely from your PSP. The DS has a lot of game selections but I find the dual screens to be bothersome for gaming. The only games I really enjoyed on the system was the brain age series, but the majority of the games were too childish for my tastes.

Username: Jlomas

Definitely vote for PSP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help