Optical cable

Username: Wolfi

Post Number: 9
this may be a dumb question but... do all optical cables fit into any reciver that has a optical in? (i dont want to use 60 bucks on a monster thx optical cable just to find out that it does not fit with my advaced AV pack for xbox and my logitech z5500 soud touch thingy...)

Silver Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 111
Any optical cable you buy for HT/video use has standard toslink cable ends on it. It will work in any audio application.

Don't waste your money on the monster, and especially on the monster thx. Optical cables transfer digital data; either it works or it doesn't. It is not like analog where better interconnects may mean better sound. There are plent of good choices out there by audio research, RCA, philips, GE, that are reasonable, have good quality and will work well.

Silver Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 116
p.s., I meant to add that monster cable has absolutely predatory and the very worst of "american" business practices. They have tried, using lawyers to abuse the trademark laws, to force (read extort) unrelated to audio companies to sign over control of their companies and pay licensing and royalty fees to monstercable to continue using the "monster" in their name. Two examples are SnowMonster (they made videos to teach children to ski) and MonsterVintage (who sell cool 60's and 70's vintage CLOTHING).

Trademark law in the US does not allow you to trademark a word like "monster", but only in relation to a specific product or application. otherwise every time someone uttered the word "monster" they would be violating a trademark.

But the *wonderful* folks at monster, That's right folks the wonderful folks at MonsterCable are trying to use attorneys to bully a clothing company (and many others) to give up their ligitmate names that are totally unrelated to cable and pay what essentially amounts to extortion. And your contract forbids you from talking about how they shafted you.

How is forcing a company that makes ski videos or sells vintage clothing to give up the rights to their name and have to subordinate their business and life's work to Monster Cable, pay yearly license fees of 5000 dollars US and 1% of profits any different from Tony Soprano telling you that he is "protecting" your business and you have to pay his guyz a percentage.

Answer it isn't, and I encourage everyone to boycott this company until they stop this predatory nonsense. You can read about this at http://www.monstervintage.com and maybe support them by getting some vintage clothing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us