The new slim ps2

d.thomas
Unregistered guest
has anyone had problems with the new system yet i'm on my second one in a month i hope the first one was just a lemon

Silver Member
Username: Eskimo3

Post Number: 125
No I haven't, I just got one for Christmas. Are you DJ?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 172
Dude wtf did you just say?....."i'm on my second one in a month i hope the first one was just a lemon"

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 172
Dude wtf did you just say?....."i'm on my second one in a month i hope the first one was just a lemon"

Unregistered guest
how good is the slim ps2, does it have any problems because im going to get one

Silver Member
Username: Eskimo3

Post Number: 364
It's really good.

Silver Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 138
ok then ill try to get my mom to get me one when my brother goes to college

Silver Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 139
oops bad spelling

Username: The_z

Post Number: 1
not really sure how to use this so im just gonna ask a question lol. well i just gott a simline and for some reason wen i play a psone game i cant save any ideas to why this happens?

Bronze Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 44
is your game a copied game?

Post Number: 2
no it happens to all my psone games, i hard somewhere that the simline doesnt wrk with certtain brands of pson memory cards could that be why

Bronze Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 46
could be, maybe you should save to your PS2 memory card.

Post Number: 3
lol for some reason i always thought wen ya play a psone game on a ps2 u gotta save it with a psone memory card ah well thanks for the help

Zeromaru
Unregistered guest
You do need to use a PS1 memory card. You can backup your gamesaves to a PS2 memory card, but the game can't read or write off of them. You have to use a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games.

Post Number: 4
my ps2 is probably broke then it doesnt read any of the ps1 memory cars

Post Number: 5
card*

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 169
slim ps2 is just garbage

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 170
BTW is there anyway to turn off the red power light without unplugging the system ?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 783
don't place items on top of it. it has a poor heat dissipation system. especially compared to the first one which was larger with greater heat sinks.
basically, the internals will overheat if you cover it or place items on it.
in terms of practicality, i figured the smaller size would allow for greater auto installs, but the open hatch door designs foiled that plan. it's just sony's way of reducing parts, and increasing profits. they have done it since the early 90s.
in its defense though, it does play a larger range of formats (bootlegs).

Anonymous

also it enables online play

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 278
Those Ps1 m.cards u are using - is it the SONY type , my guess is it only will accept original Sony m.cards .

I have my 1 1/2yr old large Ps2 & runs perfect & its modified .

& YES - TO SAVE A PS1 GAME ON A PS2 SYSTEM ,IT DOES REQUIRES A PS1 M.CARD .

seanmatt
Unregistered guest
sometimes while i play any game and it keeps on skipping i had to i have to keep pressing on\off30 times

Anonymous

I just bought a slim PS2 cuz that's all they sellin in the stores now. I'm not very keen on buying used stuff or refurbs. I have heard about the overheating problem on the slim PS2s but lucky for me, I have an external laptop cooling system and I just put my laptop to sleep while it keeps the 4 fans running and I put my slim PS2 on the fans. It keeps the slim PS2 pretty cool. So I guess I won't have to worry about the overheating problem. Just a bit cluttery the wires but no big deal for me. As long as my thing works. That's it.
BTW: the USB fan system, I bought it at www.quadcooler.com
But I could surely recommend other coolers, especially those with their own AC adapter for those w/o laptops. 8)

Username: Tasha99

UK

Post Number: 2
I've had no probles with mine but I probs jinxed myself now. I didn't even know you could play PS1 games on a PS2. Thick as.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us