A TV for the best gaming experience

Username: Nde88

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

Easy question...

I just got Halo2 for Xbox and i've been looking around for a TV to get the best gaming experience $2000 CDN will allow.

I'm looking for a TV that is...
-Flat screen
-HDTV compatible
-28"+
-wide screen
-and other features your experience tells me I should look out for (progressive scan?)

Can you offer any advice as which TV model I you think I may like? Thank you

Username: Xcarcraft

Perth, WA Aust

Post Number: 2
Sharp LCD!

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 125
LCD is okay, but it's refresh lag (although they've gotten a lot better about that) and lack of contrast is still annoying, at least to me.

I'd go with an HDTV Sony Trinitron 16x9 using the XBox high definition pack. Sure, it's a tube set, but Trinitrons are the best kind of tube sets employing an aperture grille instead of a shadow mask and will really blow your socks off when they are properly calibrated. Plus, CRTs still have excellent color fidelity and unsurpassed contrast resolution when compared to other display technologies.

And, of course, the current incarnation of the Trinitron CRT is flat screen. They aren't flat panel displays like plasma and LCD, but they aren't as expensive, aren't as complex, and are capable of delivering a superior picture to boot. - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1683
anything, but plasma, if u pause the game for 2 long it will burn the image in ur screen

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
The possibility of screen burn-in with stationary images displayed for too long is also an issue with rear-projection CRT sets. - Reinhart

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 40
Go with an LCD projector. 92" diagonal, mmmm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
An LCD projector is a good solution, all right, provided that you have the space to take advantage of the huge viewing area and if you have the money to spend on a good LCD projector as well as a quality screen.

But, if you are able to pull it off, try it and have a gaming experience that could rival that of a sit-in arcade game.

It would be nice to have a sound system that can match it, though. But, if you can pull off the projector route ... - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us