Help with Xbox & Audigy 2 NX

Polkaparty
Unregistered guest
Hey, I've been struggling for a while with this problem:

I recently bought a Creative Audigy 2 NX for my laptop, I have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ultra speaker system hooked up to the NX. I really wanted to hook my xbox up to my speakers. I don't even care if it's true surround decoding or not, I just want to hear the audio on the speakers. Creative's tech support is horrendous, their online web database only has answers for simple questions. Anyway, I talked to a tech, he told me the Audigy 2 NX didn't have hardware decoding, and it wouldn't be able to decode the xbox signal, BUT it would read it and upmix it. Well, when I connected the xbox to the NX using the optical spdif, nothing happened, no sound at all. I had tried connecting the xbox using the 1/8" mini plug before, after using an RCA to mini Y-adapter, but that gave me sound out of only the front left speaker. I believe the NX might be receiveing the signal, but just outputing it to the optical out, instead of the three analog outputs which my speakers are hooked up to. If anyone has any answers here, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Thanks.

Username: Bmarian

Post Number: 10
I'm assuming you bought the xbox a/v pack that outputs component and a toslink (optical). Connect the toslink to your NX. Connect the SPDIF OUT of the NX to your Klipsch system. Your Klipsch system should have an SPDIF In (and this might be where your problem lies). I don't think you can take the Xbox's digital signal, and output it via regular analog. If you can, though, make sure:

1) go to the audio menu of the Xbox, and set it it optical. You only have access to this menu when you plug in the "component video/optical cable" in the xbox.

2) Somewhere in the soundblaster creative software, DON'T check the box for "digital output only." This will surely only send the audio out via optical/spdif.

3) There's also an option for trasnmitting the digital signal in 48khz or upconverting to 96khz. I forget what you want, but mess around until you get sound.

Also, somewhere in the audigy software, you have the option of using the NX's Dolby decoder, or passing the digital signal straight through to the Klipsch, which might have its own decoder. Again, something to consider when you're tweaking the system.

Polkaparty
Unregistered guest
The Klipsch system is analog only, it only has three 1/8" miniplug analog inputs, and definitely no decoder. I wish it did now, considering the trouble I've had with trying to get the Audighy 2 NX to work. Unless a miracle happens, I am probably going to give up and buy a regular ole receiver, something I probably should have done a long time ago. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
i have a creative audigy2 zs sound card, and a creative T7700 INSPIRE WORKS speakers. how do i connect them with me xbox for 5.1 surround sound

Unregistered guest
Speak spanish?? i really need help... Audigy 2 NX quedo inservible.. lo enciendo y todas las luces se encienden.. se traba cuando lo enciendo y no lo reconoce.. existe la posibilidad de reset the #$%& thing??? heeelllp

MarkG
Unregistered guest
I have a similar problem, i have jsut got a Soundblaster Audigy 4 Pro, ive connected the digital out of my Xbox (advance A/V) to the digital In on my Exteral HUB, i have creative T7700 speakers, i have all the digital options in the xbox menu ON, and i have set it so the HUB decodes it, not passes it thru to anything. But i can't get sound from my Xbox onto the speakers (the speakers are working, winamp etc plays normal sound), any help would be nice.

pixelnoise
Unregistered guest
Audigy seems to have a problem about refreshing signal detection. I have an Audigy 2 Zs pro with 5.1 Creative analog speakers. I hooked up my xbox to spdif optical in. At boot up (Xbox) evox dashboard has stereo signal and I can hear the boot up sound. But when i start a game and signal changes to dolby digital there is no sound.I found a simple solution. When optical cable is unpluged and pluged again to audigy, dolby digital logo appears on screen and i have the 5.1 channel sound coming out of the speakers.

Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 862

Unregistered guest
I've got the same problem with my T7700 speakers,
bought the Advanced SCART cable with SPDIF out for the xbox and connected it with my Audigy 2 NX.. The sound still comes from the TV.
Also in XboxMediaCenter I still get the sound out of my TV when the Digital option is enabled..
What could be the problem?

Unregistered guest
Is there a way to get my optical out from my DVD player to work with my optical in on my Sound BLaster NX? What do you have to do to get the optical in to work? Some how I think there is a way to use it without the USB connected. I am I right?

tHeDukE
Unregistered guest
Your guys's problem is enabling digital input... All I did is goto control panel/Audio HQ and checked them settings out. The sound worked fine but the only thing I didnt like is when I shoot the gun a sec earlier I would hear the sound coming out of the speakers so it felt weird when i was playing halo against people... So If anybody could help me out with that problem you would truly make my life happy :-D

phantom_xll
Unregistered guest
does the audigy 2 zs soundblaster have a video in jack? if it does can i hook up my xbox to it.

Unregistered guest
I've a question whether we can record Dolby Digital bitstream or PCM bypassed processing through audigy2 NX's SPDIF input?
We need to use that a an capture device for experiment purpose.

Jimmy Hoffa
Unregistered guest
Audigy 2 NX CANNOT take a dolby digital input via optical cable, it is only capable of stereo PCM signals via the optical in. There's no real way on the NX to input an ac3 5.1 source. All the other audigy 2 cards besides the notebook versions have this feature, supported by creative via thier drive bay, but if you know the pin-outs on the back of the audigy2 PCI card, you can use a riser from an old Live! card or even rig the connection to the correct pins directly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us