Xbox HUD setting for HDTV

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I have a quick question. I own a Tosh 42H83 and the xbox with HD pack. Now, the tosh natively displays 1080i when it comes to HD. It will accept a 720p signal and then convert it to 1080i. On the Xbox HUD you have a choice of what your tv will accept: 420P 720P or 1080i.
My tv will "support" all 3 formats but doesn't display at 720P, instead it's 1080i. In fact, all thought ALL HDTV's support those formats. For instance, any new DLP will accept a 1080i signal, but it would convert it to 720P and vice versa for a HD CRT. Why then would the HUD give you options to what your HDTV supports?
Basically, wouldn't you just check off all 3? Then I heard if you do that and your TV won't display one of them, the resolution will not be as good. Wha??
I just need to know how to set it up to maximize the xbox HD for MY set. Do I check off all 3 or just the 1080i or what??
Thanks for your patience!
mark m

jizzy p.
Unregistered guest
you should check off all three. if your tv didn't support the format, you would just get a blank screen. since your tv converts 720p to 1080i, it can support all three options in the xbox menu.

hope that helps....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us