The Start of a Home Theater

Bronze Member
Username: Billru44

Post Number: 20
Hey!

Here's the start of my home theater. Not sure where to put the center channel yet.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_audio

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 24
Tell your wife to move all of her crap out of the way so you can put your center speaker on the top shelf!

Bronze Member
Username: Billru44

Post Number: 21
Yeah that's what i'll do

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 517
Yeah, that top shelf it perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 108
Maybe they're his nick-knacks? Either way that shelf is the perfect location for the center channel. Anyone think the two fronts are too high?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 547
They're maybe a tad too high. The tweeters should be more or less ear-level relative to viewing position, right?

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_audio

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 27
Oh quit being so nice about it David, they're way too high. Unless he's listening to his stuff on a 31" stool, they're way too high. Front ported bookshelves would have suited this setup better. However, I don't know the whole story and don't know if he has a wife that he has to compromise with, I don't know. Ideally I would say chop that entertainment center up and use it for fire wood and get a good TV stand that will allow to place the floor-standing speakers on the floor. It will also increase sound quality and stage since the some of the sound won't be droning around in that cabinet shelf especially if those speakers are rear ported.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 548
Ha, ok... you got me Kenny. I'm being too nice.

Seems like way too much of compromise to shoe-horn what would otherwise probably be a half-decent HT rig into this wall unit.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2054
­
At least he's got some nice looking jams and jellies at the ready under the TV. Upload

Silver Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 109
Actually John I believe they're candles, if your going to rip the guy at least get it right.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 350
john you had me laughing, very funny shiitt I keep steeling your smilys, and dont worry about john hes so hungry he will spread that candle wax on a english muffin so fast that it wouldnt matter what you told him it was, anyways I didnt post this thread a wile back because I dont like to bash people in the bragging area, we are all proud of our systems and thats why we put them in hear, the center could go up top but touching the tv, and the front should be replaced with some nice front ported bookshelves as sujested, unless your hole family is 8" tall and you like to look down when watching tv, then the upper shelve will be fine for the center

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 351
john I didnt know you were left handed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts