My Home Theater

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 48
I know the speaker placement is horrible, and it really bugs the hell out of me but nothing i can do till i move to a new place which will be soon. Also sometime soon i am looking to upgrade the speakers all 8 of them including the sub. other than that i am pretty good for now, when the Blu-ray players come down in price i will get one of those for the the PS3 does a good job. I hope everyone likes it, i am certainly open for comments and suggestions. Thank you.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 49
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 50
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2246
Personally I like it.

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 53
thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 22
love the tv, the front speakers are they onkyo? they look very loud.

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 54
no they are becker and they handle up to 200 watts they go pretty loud but my surrounds deffinatly keep up with them, since my reciever is 110 watts by 7 ch.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 210
Looks like you are off to a great start. I would swap the speaker locations with the CD racks and place the speakers on stands so they are closer to ear level.

Hope you find a place that makes you happy when or if you get out of the military.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4985
Yep, great start. The receiver is an excellent choice.

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 55
westcott, i need to get the side speakers back more they are suppose to be on the side of you. but like i said my new place as a better living room for home theater with walls all around instead of the big space of no wall i have now going to the rest of the apartment

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 475
Nice

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 83
i am replacing all the speakers i will update pics when i get them

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 69
Your system is well on it's way and I love your place, reminds me of my college days. Did you have to hide the bong before you took the pictures? Just joking, not.

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 84
yea its a place but in a bad area so i am moving. i wish i had to hide the bong but i am in the military so only on leave

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1734
THE INFAMOUS "WHITE VAN SPEAKERS!!!!!"

I had a pair too. I haven't seen that exact model anywhere else until now. They were given to me by my father who knows nothing about speakers. He's a foreign car mechanic specializing in German cars. For a while, the real Becker made the stereos for Mercedes. He thought the company also makes home audio gear too.

No offense, but those speakers are crap. Yeah they can get pretty loud, but that's about it. Take out a woofer to see what I mean. Its a hollow particle board box. No cross-over. No nothing. All three drivers are wired together. The volume control knobs are meaningless. The woofer puts out 99.9% of the sound. Put your ear close to the tweeter and horn while music is playing.

I used a pair in college while saving up for a good pair of speakers. Then I moved them to my fraternity's basement for parties, where they endured cigartee/cigar/pot ashes, beer and liquor spills, and vomit. The carpeting is great, it can be cleaned up with a little carpet shampoo and Febreeze. Pledges had a fun time cleaning them.

After college I took them home and they got relegated to outdoor party speakers. I kept them inside when not in use though. Now they adorn my brother in-law's screened in porch.

About 15 years old and still going strong. They sound just as bad as they did the day I pulled them out of the box.

I'm really not trying to sound like some elitist snob here. Sorry if I come off that way. I'd advise you to get a new pair of speakers or start saving for a new pair. Not just because they sound bad (you'll know exactly how bad when you hook up a different pair), but because they can damage your receiver. Speakers wired internally that way are unpredictible. The impedence swings that they can potentially have are eddatic. They can fry an amp without much notice. Or they can never cause any damage to anything. Its really a crap-shoot. They make a great party speaker with a cheap receiver that you won't care if it gets ruined, but not much more.

Seeing your picture brought back a lot of good menories. Thanks. You made my day.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1504
­
Any speaker that can survive fraternity vomit can't be all bad.
Upload

Bronze Member

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 85
like i said i am looking to upgrade soon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message