Home Theater

Username: Dr_acemaster

Post Number: 3
http://photos.yahoo.com/jackace1

Post Number: 4
Tried to post the pics here, but they have to be certain size, and didn't have the time to resize them. Let me know what you think.

Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 4
Forgive me, but I didn't see any speakers besides the TV's and the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 313
lol Bose will do that to you.

Post Number: 5
LMAO. Yeah I'm sure I'll take a bunch of heat for the BOSE, but didn't want towers hanging around nor did I have room for them in the wall. In the process of building another home theater in the basement and have started w/ some Klipsch SF2 towers. Will past some more pics when I add some more. Thanks for looking.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 47
good for you --there is always room for upgrade not matter what you have.

Post Number: 6
Upgrade? Downstairs is just another home theater. I don't see a reason to upgrade my bose. I realize all the ill will against bose on this forum, but a buddy of mine has a full system of def techs and I'll put my bose up against his anyday. No NORMAL/SANE person is going to hear the difference, plain and simple. For the numerous posts of "audiophiles" that claim they can hear the differece, they're just fooling themselves by thinking they can hear more than a subtle difference b/w bose and anything else.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 326
hmmm, guess you never heard paradigm, b+w, or even jm-lab. Thats like comparing rice to filet.

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 49

I guess you are wright --is like eating a steak if you eat the same crapy steak all your life --you could make te argument all the steaks are made equal. I am sorry if I hurt your feeling and that was not my intention. Like I say if you love it, like it be my guess enjoy it. I thought on your previous posting you were talking about getting different speakers.that's all ..and my comment about upgrade was a general comment no matter what system anyone has there is always room for upgr..

I will have to disagree with you that sound from a speaker build and design in a different way will yield the same sound or with minor (subtle) differences..take a field trip to a high end store and listten to some of the best and you will see. Again do not take this as an attack to your system(Which I think is a nice set up) but as a learning curve...
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html#intro

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 336
Dr. , we have no probs with your system man, it looks very nice, its just that most people who have heard "other" systems than bose usually agree that Bose tends to be sooo over priced its ridiculous. I buy jl audio products for my vehicle and if you take a trip to the car audio side of this forum everyone rags jl for being over priced. The difference is that Bose doesn't even try to make better sounding systems, like that article presents, they just use the cheapest stock materials they can find and package it with "BOSE" stamped on the side. I challenge you to go and listen to a mid-high level setup and tell me you don't hear a diff. If you don't then I am very jealous. I wish my ears wouldn't cost me more upgraditis than ness.

Post Number: 7
You guys are definitly in the majority on this forum w/ your feelings towards bose. I do agree they can make some real junk, but their higher priced stuff, in my opinion, sounds great. And I don't doubt that there are other several speakers that sound better than Bose, where I differ is how much and at what cost. My buddy has many more thousands wrapped up into his system, and I stand by my statement, I'll put mine up against his anyday. Further, the mere size of the speakers is what attracted me to bose in the first place. It did make me laugh as you did joseph when the previous poster Alex asked where the speakers were. At the very least, I appreciate your input, thats what this forum is all about :-)

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 338
Bose couldn't pay me to put any of their products in my house, not to mention going to the trouble of installing those crappy little cubes in a wall. Yes, I would put their best system up against my DefTech BP2004TL/BP2X/CLR2002 surround system ($2000) any day.

That said, I will compliment Bose on their factory support. My mother, who lives in another state and has no computer, was having trouble with her beloved Bose radio, which was long out of warranty. Bose was very helpful in getting her radio fixed in a timely manner and at reasonable cost.

Post Number: 8
Nice system you have there JOHN_S, what sub are you using?

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 339
Let me say first that you have a very nice system Dr. I especially like the back access room which of course makes hookup and switching cables much easier. Is this a converted closet, or is it from scratch?

My original sub, a 150 watt Infinity 12" is in storage as it will not perform as well as the DefTech towers. The BP2004TLs each have a 10" woofer powered by a 250 watt amp onboard. They produce useable bass to 30 Hz. I know this because I can hear it, and an SPL meter measuring the frequency sweep on Avia confirms it.

Also let me say I can feel your pain as Definitive Technology doesn't get much respect on this forum either.

Post Number: 9
Everything was built from scratch. I drew up the entire floor plans for the house w/ that home theater in mind. That also goes for the "chamber" the sub is in. It's insulated w/ high density styrofoam to create nominal affect. I also envisioned a home theater downstairs as I've said before, my only problem is I ran the speaker wire for the rear surrounds in the ceiling, and I need some smaller speakers to hang from the ceiling. The ceiling is 7'6", but still want to keep the speakers small. I thought about sinking the speakers flush into the ceiling, but then I'm worried about the acoustics of them pointing straight down rather than pointed at the audience. Any suggestions? Like I said I already have two Klipsch SF2 towers and would prefer that those match.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 341
Dr Acemaster,
I'm having trouble navigating Klipsch's web site, but I know they make a number of angled bipolar rears which might be ceiling mounted somehow.

Agreed, flush mounts wouldn't be ideal, but they would be better than nothing.

Personally, I would prefer wall mounts slightly behind the sweet spot, but since you've already installed the wire.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us