GET RID OF VIDEO ADDS W/ AUDIO!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8519
I regularly browse the Ecoustics forums while streaming music in the background on my earbuds.

I am a 'tab monster' and regularly open multiple tabs for threads and read them one at a time. BUT!!!! When I open up 4 or 5 threads I want to read....BAM!!! a dam audio/video ad hits!!!!

I then find myself broken from my train of thought, as well as derailed from my calm state of mind while reading other members posts and attempting to contribute to the forum in a positive manor...I frantically search my tabs to find the source of this horrible intruder!!!!

Hell, has a habitual 'tap monster' I regularly have 15+ tabs open to be read and/or replied to. And searching through them to find the ear-soar that interrupted my tranquil state of browsing/contributing to Ecoustics forums. More often than not, I just exit the tabs that I think MAY HAVE CAUSED the mayhem.

In many cases, I get multiple adds in multiple threads. I get tired of it and just leave Ecoustics and head for other electronics related forums.

I ask you mods.
Please, get rid of the adds w/ audio.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25140
Hah. I thought it was only me and my choice of browser that was allowing the ads to randomly audio over my pc. Extremely annoying. At first I thought it was a random bug I got from FB or the like until I noticed the ad audio vanished every time I closed E.

Admin, are you controlling the ads or are they controlling you?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25141
There is one temporary fix. Kinda simple too.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8522
Paul nailed it.

Exit E and leave.

*****DAMIT....I got an audio ad in my own F$%King complaint thread!!!!******

Username: Admin

Post Number: 10365
The audio volume should be very, very low. I am checking with our advertising network to see what can be done for users to opt-out of sound.

Also some advertisers seem to be overriding our volume settings, so that is being investigated too.

I hope to know more by the end of the day.

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1087
i never scroll down all the way to the end of the pages, and thought i was going crazy when hearing things on this site. , till i read this thread.

the drop down ads are bad enough to deal with. now we have to put up with video and talking ads too , along with ads that cover up settings etc...?

can't you make it so we can make a choice to see and listen to the video ads?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8523
Admin,

Did you ever look into this?

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1144
the admin will not.... we have been after him the fix the smileys for almost a year now. Mayb by oct. 2012 he might get around to it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25159
Status? Now I'm getting overlaying audio from multiple pop up ads. It's so bad that I frequently can't even post because the ads are gobbling up all the bandwidth. My activity light on my modem is like a teenage spastic monkey. Won't stop until I leave E.

I'd rather throw in a nickel in a collection cup than deal with this. Is it really that bad admin? Is $$ really the only thing this site is for?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5508
I was having VERY slow page loads for a while now on here. I just blocked all rich media from E and it helped a little. This is the only site it happens on.. Are your servers still on Dial-up?
Seems like it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8526
Well Admin...

Thanks for nothing.
Pages no load slower than ever and there are MULTIPLE audio/video adds on each page. Sometimes over lapping and you are unable to stop the overlapping ones.

Thank you for driving me away from a forum that I used to frequent.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8527
Also,
The adds have FULL volume.

Not low volume as you claim, admin. Thanks for lieing to us all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us