Drop down ads

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24675
Personally I know you have NO control over this since this site is now owned and operated by the ads that pay you but I have to say the pop up ads that appear so often are VERY annoying. Seems I'm always searching for that #$!#@ small x close button, and if I miss it even slightly, I'm directed to their website anyway (By design I'm sure). Just throwing it out there, like you care, which you don't.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 9715
I am aware of the expanding ads. They are supposed to appear just once per day, per user.

I agree they can be cumbersome and I wish I didn't have to run them. In addition, I truly wish they didn't have to appear to long-time forum members, I just don't have a way to block them at that level.

I've also noticed the crafty methods the advertisers are using to close them. One trick to clear them is to reload (refresh) the page from your browser. Also if you hold the shift key while hitting reload that forces a full page refresh (bypassing your internal cache). I understand this is neither ideal or user friendly, but wanted to pass along a work-around.

Also, whenever we can get higher paying ads that don't expand we show those when available.

Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 2
try changing the web site and not waste space along the sides so much. giving the ads a place to appear on the left would help out too . that way they do not interfer in the text as much.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24955
Google Chrome. Ads all over.

Upload

Username: Admin

Post Number: 9966
Thanks for letting me know. I will need to contact the ad network that is displaying those. Those ads should expand, but not that large.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24961
NP. I know ads pay the bills but.....

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 489
can you not put the ads at the bottom of the page?

just asking

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24967
That's like asking the tv networks to run all the commercials after the program is over.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21504
In practice, the ads are not too intrusive. I have seen worse.
The idiots that keep on coming back under new names are more intrusive and annoying and ARE hurting your site.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24974
The ads ARE intrusive.

Pop ups all over the place, delays in page loads because of them, overlays over post text, ect.

I'd have to say 50% or more of bandwidth on the net is for spam or advertising purposes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us