Why do email notifications stop?

Username: Illuminated

Post Number: 5
I was getting email notifications for this thread:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/137540.html

I just noticed today that they stopped on July 6. I noticed that was when the thread was archived. I also noticed there was announcement about maintenance to the forums that day.

I could have sworn there was a link on each forum thread to get an email notification when something was posted. I am apparently out of my mind because I don't see that now. Perhaps I was thinking of another site.

I had posted to the thread above and I suppose that is why I was getting notifications, however, I don't know why they stopped. I also don't know how to make them start again. Do I have to post something to the thread to get notifications again?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11378
Click on YOUR ACCOUNT...on THIS page (upper right in blue letters)

login again

now scroll down to "email notifications" and pick whatever U want....

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11379
BTW...yes U would have to post in the thread, to get an email reply, I think....at least thats how all other sites are , unless you "subscribe" to a thread, which I don't see that option in theses forums...I myself, have intentionally shut OFF all my email notifications at this site.., so I am only guessing about this...but thats what makes sense..

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1804
When a thread is archived you stop receiving notification. Threads are archived every 100 posts.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10164
You can choose to be notified when someone replies to a thread you post in, your own posts alone, or none at all. You can even elect to have automated notifications on all topics. If you like hundreds of emails a day then go ahead and jam up the server with all that bandwith and choose all lol.

That was a bad joke.

And like ^^^he said a thread gets archived after the first 200 posts and every 100 there after. Once it drops down past the active threads it's behind glass lol. In the car audio forum that equals about 3-4 days.

We talk alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us