Denon AH-D1100 vs. AH-A100

Username: Greg_whitman

Post Number: 9
Hey guys,

I've been looking into buying a new pair of headphones and I found the following article (https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2324370,00.asp). Seeing that it was written in February makes me confident that it's pretty up to date. Anyway, my aim is to buy a pair of NON-noise-canceling headphones, so I took the advice of the writer, Tim, and looked into the Denon AH-D1100s (www.jr.com/denon/pe/DNN_AHD1100/).

Long story short, I called up a Hi-Fi shop nearby my house to see if he had them in stock to listen to and the guy said that he didn't have them. BUT, he DID have a pair of AH-A100s (www.jr.com/denon/pe/DNN_AHA100/) and said that they were more or less the same, so I compared the specs of both models (seen on the provided links) and decided to stop by.

My question is, are they really the same? Because I liked the sound of the AH-A100s, and it would be comforting to know that I don't have to pay an extra $300 for the "100-year Anniversary" style. Let me know.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

-Greg

p.s. - If anyone can think of comparable headphone models in the <$200 price-range please speak up.

Username: Sonicstate

Pocono Lake, PA

Post Number: 2
I've never made an A/B comparison but i quite liked the 1100's. Isolation is not great..is ok.

Which kind of music you like?

Post Number: 10
I like a variety of music. Jazz (quar-/quintet stuff and big band), classic rock, modern rock, alternative, classical, you name it. The two genres that I don't freely include on that list are Pop and Rap, and along with exclusion of those is a like of a heavy Bass element in the music I listen to. That is to say I don't NEED a big bass sound out of my headphones. If it's available, I suppose I wouldn't mind it, but it's not a deal breaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I still haven't gone out to buy anything, so if you guys have any suggestions for other brands/models of headphones I should check out (again, within the $200, or so, range), then let me know. Thanks. Greg.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us