Apple iPad Selling Out Quickly

Username: Admin

Post Number: 7501
Apple just announced that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US on its first day of launch (as of midnight Saturday, April 3). Just few days later, Steve's Job's said 450,000 were sold during the iPhone 4 OS preview keynote. These sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores. Apple also announced that iPad users downloaded over one million apps from Apple's App Store and over 250,000 ebooks from its iBookstore during the first day.

"It feels great to have the iPad launched into the world--it's going to be a game changer," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPad users, on average, downloaded more than three apps and close to one book within hours of unpacking their new iPad."

Were you one of the first to get one?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22619
Nope. IMO it's just an overpriced Iphone or Ipod touch. Sure you get more screen real estate but is it really worth the costs? All those apps and ebooks aren't free. Not to mention there's no camera and truthfully I'd be a nervous wreck handling it. It wouldn't be as forgiving as dropping a cell phone should one get away from you. I hardly call it a game changer and I'm sure Apple has MANY reviewers and blog owners on the payroll. I've seen some reviews so lopsided it isn't funny. One reviewer spent 5 minutes in awe just on the changeability of the background screen. Ooooooooo. And I can't say as I don't know but I'm going to guess that the battery is not user replaceable just like the Ipod? So there's another added expense when the time comes.

Don't get me wrong. If I were rich and had it all I would be giving a hands on review of it myself. I just feel Apple priced this "game changer" out of too many budgets for it to be the next velcro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us